DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,884
Will this box work wothout balance. I have hddvr box lying idle and wanted to buy firestick. If this box can work without balance then its cheap option. Can anyone confirm?

My friend in Airtel said it would get locked if you run out of balance. So, if you don't recharge your DTH, this box is as good as a brick. No wonder they have made this cheaper than the stick.
It's much better to buy a 4K Android box from the open market. It will cost only around 3k, you don't have to recharge it every month and you can install all the apps you want, instead of only those apps that airtel or jio allow.

@k2max6 bro,
Any Browser available in this box ?If yes then how's the experience ? If chrome or firefox available then
Anyone can view live tv by logging in www.airtelxstream.in website.
Yeah, I was trying to make it work but Airtel has explicitly blocked google chrome which is the only browser supported by airtel xstream web interface. Tried multiple apks but no luck.

I was able to sideload firefox though. Works fine.

Xstream web interface can be accessed but only a few channels work.For other an error is displayed that asks to use the xstream app.

Here are the channels that are working

Sony Ten1 HD , Ten3HD , Zee TV HD, Newsnation, Zee business, NDTV India hindi SD, SAB SD, Max 2, Sony Mix SD.

Checked a lot of other channels but they didn’t work.
  • SD channels play in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
  • HD channels play as good as live tv with very good picture quality.
Also tested Jio TV doesn’t sideload.
Will this box work wothout balance. I have hddvr box lying idle and wanted to buy firestick. If this box can work without balance then its cheap option. Can anyone confirm?
No point buying it if you don’t need DTH or the airtel xstream content.

I was able to sideload firefox though. Works fine.

Xstream web interface can be accessed but only a few channels work.For other an error is displayed that asks to use the xstream app.

Here are the channels that are working

Sony Ten1 HD , Ten3HD , Zee TV HD, Newsnation, Zee business, NDTV India hindi SD, SAB SD, Max 2, Sony Mix SD.

Checked a lot of other channels but they didn’t work.
  • SD channels play in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
  • HD channels play as good as live tv with very good picture quality
I'll try to check other channel working for me or not in my silk browser in fstick

@k2max6 Please share casting experience too, like Casting downloaded videos (any lag or sound mismatch etc) and casting live tv from OTT or casting Airtel Xstream app. What apps or features are restricted in casting

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock