DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,876
My Question is, can we install 3rd party live tv apps in airtel Xstream box/Stick just like Fire TV Stick?
Please Reply Bro.

Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for super fast review :)

I have some questions:

1. I have an Airetl HD DVR STB, which means it has two coax inputs from the dish antenna. Since Xstream box has only one coax input, how to make a switch from HD DVR to XStream?
2. Have you tried recording feature of the box by inserting a SD card in the slot? Can you watch one channel and record other at the same time?
3. The Xstream app on mobile phone has live TV feature i.e. the one can watch live channels if he is on Airtel Thanks programme. Are those channels available on XStream box too? (irrespective of which DTH plan you have chosen)

Thank you very much
1. You can use any one of the coax cables and leave the other as it is or cut it, as you may wish.
2. The recording functionality is not enabled as of now, should start in a few days. I haven’t tried using a microSD card but I know that you can record/ watch only one channel at a time, since it has only one tuner hence one coaxial input. You maybe able to record a channel and watch some OTT content at the same time:not sure on that though, can’t test until the feature is enabled.
3. The live tv via streaming feature is not available.
My Question is, can we install 3rd party live tv apps in airtel Xstream box/Stick just like Fire TV Stick?
Please Reply Bro.
Yes. You can sideload.

Good review given by you brother, it almost gave answer to all my questions except one.
Will we be able to access the installed apps when DTH is unable to recieve signals due to bad weather. what i heard was that airtel tv box was not able to give access to installed apps untill the weather was fine and signal was restored.
So is this problem solved in this new xstream box?

Good review given by you brother, it almost gave answer to all my questions except one.
Will we be able to access the installed apps when DTH is unable to recieve signals due to bad weather. what i heard was that airtel tv box was not able to give access to installed apps untill the weather was fine and signal was restored.
So is this problem solved in this new xstream box?
Yes, I was able to use the box even without the dish cable connected, which is same as a no signal situation. All the content is accessible, all apps work except live tv i.e DTH.

Yes, I was able to use the box even without the dish cable connected, which is same as a no signal situation. All the content is accessible, all apps work except live tv i.e DTH.
Thanku bro 😊😊 will upgrade it for sure.. 😊😊

1) How is the experience if you connect it to 4G mobile hotspots Jio or Airtel. Can we use it if we have 5GB/day 4G data for 3-4 hrs of daily 720p streaming. My JIO 4G avg download speed on TRAI speed test app are 9Mbps, Ookla speed test are 7Mbps, and Fast dot com, at&t, google fiber speedtest are whooping 18 Mbps-25Mbps. Are speeds enough to stream?

2) Also Do I need to pay for Xstream annual subscription if I don't have airtel thanks after 1 year, and then if I want to use other OTT apps only?

3) If I upgrade to Xstream Box, Will my existing Airtel DTH balance reflect in new Xstream box Account?

4) Please share casting experience too, like Casting downloaded videos (any lag or sound mismatch etc) and casting live tv from OTT or Airtel Xstream or accessing Airtel Xstream web via side loaded browser. What apps or features are restricted in casting.

5) Does Jio tv app side load?

6) I can see only 1 plan for DTH of ₹207 , do we need to stick to it...Or can we change to A-la-carte or broadcast packs?

1) How is the experience if you connect it to 4G mobile hotspots Jio or Airtel. Can we use it if we have 5GB/day 4G data for 3-4 hrs of daily 720p streaming. My JIO 4G avg download speed on TRAI speed test app are 9Mbps, Ookla speed test are 7Mbps, and Fast dot com, at&t, google fiber speedtest are whooping 18 Mbps-25Mbps. Are speeds enough to stream?

2) Also Do I need to pay for Xstream annual subscription if I don't have airtel thanks after 1 year, and then if I want to use other OTT apps only?

3) If I upgrade to Xstream Box, Will my existing Airtel DTH balance reflect in new Xstream box Account?

4) Please share casting experience too, like Casting downloaded videos (any lag or sound mismatch etc) and casting live tv from OTT or Airtel Xstream or accessing Airtel Xstream web via side loaded browser. What apps or features are restricted in casting.

5) Does Jio tv app side load?

6) I can see only 1 plan for DTH of ₹207 , do we need to stick to it...Or can we change to A-la-carte or broadcast packs?
1. Speed is decent to stream in FHD
2. No Idea
3.definitely It will show.
5. Technically it will work until they locked it.
6. Plan can be as per your choice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock