Arasu Cable Chennai Channel List - Analog Mode

watch puthiya thalaimurai. discussion on delay of digitization in chennai..

All are saying, it is not wrong if government is running cable tv. The famous reporter for Digitization, Karthik from THE HINDU was also there in the discussion.

They also said that Arasu was granted license during 2008. But nobody is asking why they didnt started on that time or at least last year.

As per Karthik's view, we (the consumers) should have an option to pick an MSO like we are doing in mobile and landline telephone service. That is, in a particular area, there should be more than one LCO to offer service from different MSO. So that I can get connection from one MSO and my neighbour can get service from another MSO of his choice. But this will never happen especially in Tamil Nadu.

Today I met my LCO in his office about to continue with SCV or to wait for Arasu because today is the last date to pay my subscription for SCV. He said, he is offering SCV set top box and service to most of the consumers since all are complaning that they are not able to watch any channel other than Tamil channels.

When I went there, one guy just registered for new SCV connection with STB. They didnt give the STB in front of me (I think he might have got it earlier). I asked my LCO what about Arasu and why he is not waiting for Arasu.

He said, if Arasu is offering free STB by replacing current SCV STB that he provided, he will switch to Arasu (but if they are getting DAS license). Let us see what is happening.

mjahabarsadiq said:
All are saying, it is not wrong if government is running cable tv. The famous reporter for Digitization, Karthik from THE HINDU was also there in the discussion.

They also said that Arasu was granted license during 2008. But nobody is asking why they didnt started on that time or at least last year.

As per Karthik's view, we (the consumers) should have an option to pick an MSO like we are doing in mobile and landline telephone service. That is, in a particular area, there should be more than one LCO to offer service from different MSO. So that I can get connection from one MSO and my neighbour can get service from another MSO of his choice. But this will never happen especially in Tamil Nadu.

He also put another valid point. During all the decision of pricing the channels or on the number of channels to be provided, MSO and Channel broadcastes alone are participating and they are not considering the benefit for consumers. So, he want consumers' representative should also be a member of these discussions.

sathishbabu4u said:
eventhough arasu started on sep 2011, it does n't have STB to enter into chennai region which is mandatory as CAS implemented. So arasu waited for DAS , to get license and then acquire STB. (both flopped).

If arasu supports any other MSO, it can't able to use the govt. money.

Arasu can still help the other MSO to get a loan from some bank and can supply the STB for free or for a small amount. Arasu can easily transfer the packages to the new MSO, its easy, buy an MSO with DAS licence and push your packages or start a new private MSO with Govt support and do all that you wish. :tup:tup

But Will Arasu Do this?? this is the million dollar question.

But if SCV supplies STB to even 60% of households then the above plan would be a complete failure.

mjahabarsadiq said:
mjahabarsadiq said:

He also put another valid point. During all the decision of pricing the channels or on the number of channels to be provided, MSO and Channel broadcastes alone are participating and they are not considering the benefit for consumers. So, he want consumers' representative should also be a member of these discussions.

Yes, good points. We should have some choice in MSO like we have for DTH, why should allow a monopoly here, even if it is arasu so if arasu goes like cheap quality and worse support people can easily move. TN should change.

And why should SCV get 1000 rs as connectivity fees, connectivity fees can be 200 or max 300 or why cant they sell the STB instead and the customer can then sell it for a cheaper cost to the LCO when they quit and then LCO can sell it to another new customer (with technical service guarantee)?? or why cant it be a caution deposit and return the money when we return the STB. Denying the entire 1000 rs and denying the right to own the STB isn't fair.

prakash_Tv said:
any updates abt arasu cable tv friends ??? :(

Failure to get a licence it seems Arasu is trying to take over chennai indirectly, check this page - Link Removed

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock