Bhutan Broadcasting Service(BBS) Tower Photos

• Thread starter DXer
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 2,842

DXer

Reaction score
Dear All,
Here I am uploading some images of Bhutan Broadcasting Service(BBS) Tower, which I clicked during my last Bhutan trip.
Hope you people will like it.
Thanks, Have a nice day...

gmYoyqq.jpg

HHBA8HV.jpg

The Bhutan Broadcasting Service (BBS) is the State Owned radio and television service in Bhutan. A public service corporation, it is fully funded by the State and it is currently the only service to offer both radio and television to the Kingdom, and is the only television service to broadcast from inside the Bhutanese border. The use of telecommunications is currently governed through the Information, Communications and Media Act of 2006.

For many years, Bhutan did not have modern telecommunications. The first radio broadcasts commenced in November 1973, when the National Youth Association of Bhutan (NYAB) began radio transmissions of news and music for a half-hour each Sunday, under the name "Radio NYAB." The transmitter was first rented from a local telegraph office in Thimphu. The government took over Radio NYAB in 1979, and renamed it the Bhutan Broadcasting Service in 1986, with expansions in radio scheduling as well as construction of a modern broadcast facility occurring in 1991.

For a long time, Bhutan was the only nation in the world to ban television. The first night of television broadcasts finally occurred on June 2, 1999, on the night of the Jigme Singye Wangchuck's silver jubilee.

Nice Snapshots nd Thanks for the Share bro :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock