Bought Airtel XStream 4 New Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sri_ADTV
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 48
  • Views Views: Views 3,777

Don't agree with u buddy on 1st point. SD as well as HD chs picture quality is top notch on Airtel XStream Box.

If one needs to watch TV + OTT DTH Smart Boxes r the best option and overall performance of Airtel XStream Box is better than others...... If one wants to watch just OTT content then Fire TV Stick, Smart TV's etc. is perfect choice, in this too i would prefer a Smart Stick than Smart TV as lot of small to mid range Smart TV's face slowness or hanging issues as inbuilt processor+limited ROM gets overloaded with apps being used on the platform
agree to disagree on this matter. as I said it is my observations only.

agree to disagree on this matter. as I said it is my observations only.
I agree with this. I used D2h and xstream box, D2h has top notch quality for SD and HD channels, xstream has worst SD channels quality, i havn't check HD channels.
Earlier i thought, Because of Sony , am getting good PQ , but once i moved to Airtel xstream, then found it is problem with airtel, where all SD channels has worst PQ.

I saw tataplay in office samsung tv, that is far better than airtel xstream

Both xstream box and STB in airtel has same PQ.

I agree with this. I used D2h and xstream box, D2h has top notch quality for SD and HD channels, xstream has worst SD channels quality, i havn't check HD channels.
Earlier i thought, Because of Sony , am getting good PQ , but once i moved to Airtel xstream, then found it is problem with airtel, where all SD channels has worst PQ.

I saw tataplay in office samsung tv, that is far better than airtel xstream

Both xstream box and STB in airtel has same PQ.

I found the SD channels picture quality to be very good in both HD and XStream box..... I have seen the channels on 55 inch TV and found that transmission / picture quality is extremely nice, infact in d2h i found pixelation on many channels even on 42 inch TV and as far as Tata Play is concerned they use deblocking to smoothen the pixels due to which picture may look cleaner but sharpness is lost..... In Audio Quality Airtel Digital TV is far superior than competitors.

Also it may be true that certain Tamil or other channels may have not so good picture quality on various platforms hence it can't be generalised that picture is bad across all channels and this too maybe due to issue from broadcaster side itself...... Overall i still rate airtel digital TV to be the best

I was used d2h HD Box & D2h Stream box, Airtel Xtream , Tata play Binge plus & Tata play HD Box.
In my view, D2h HD Box & Tata Play Binge plus is better picture quality for SD , Airtel Xtream is better picture for HD channels.
Airetel xtream is worst picture quality for SD channels.

Buddy just noticed that in the above image posted by you one can also see the Dolby Vision option listed under "Unsupported Formats" category which means ur TV does not support this format else it would have been listed under "Supported Formats" category

Buddy just noticed that in the above image posted by you one can also see the Dolby Vision option listed under "Unsupported Formats" category which means ur TV does not support this format else it would have been listed under "Supported Formats" category
Bro my tv supports dolby vision , dolby atmos (lg oled)

Back
Top Bottom