Good News Bought Tata Sky HD Connection

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 22,136
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats for ts.what about sd connection.going to sell it or to use it...
I'll sell it if I find a buyer
@Siva bro welcome to TS family.:cap:
You paid the annual amount in sun direct right? The investment is wasted?
If I don't find a buyer, then yes it's wasted.
@Siva Congrats Bro....

Did You Get Refund From Sun Direct...?
No refund.
Ok Bro.. Have u paired Tatasky remote with HT Remote? Able to control Home theater volume by using Tata SKY remote?
Thanks..
Yes I did, I'm able to control the volume of HT through TS remote.

I'll sell it if I find a buyer
If I don't find a buyer, then yes it's wasted.

No refund.

Yes I did, I'm able to control the volume of HT through TS remote.

Bro, Can u plz share steps to pair with new one. Thanks in advance.

Congrats @Siva bro. Welcome to TS family.

I had a doubt in mind when u asked yesterday which HD STB is better, somewhere i knew u were planning to take TS :eek:k:

Regarding the HD PQ, i guess its due to HEVC Technology which Sun DIrect is using, hence you feel it has good PQ on some channels
Some members here felt TS HD PQ is better than ADTV, some vice versa so i guess its TV settings also that matter.

Last edited:
Congrats @Siva bro. Welcome to TS family.
I had a doubt in mind when u asked yesterday which HD STB is better, somewhere i knew u were planning to take TS :eek:k:
:)
Regarding the HD PQ, i guess its due to HEVC Technology which Sun DIrect is using, hence you feel it has good PQ on some channels
Some members here felt TS HD PQ is better than ADTV, some vice versa so i guess its TV settings also that matter.
Bro, I have used all three on same TV with same picture settings that too in a span of 1.5 months. So, I can confidently say that Sun Direct has ultimate picture quality on HD Channels and yes this could be due to HEVC, Airtel comes next and TS comes third. But both Video and Audio are important aspects of the TV viewing experience. So, if we consider that then Airtel takes the first place as it has ultimate Audio quality on HD channels and a little better picture quality too than TS. I will rate TS as second as it has good audio quality and good picture quality. Sun comes third, as the audio quality is worst even though the picture quality is awesome. However, For SD channels TS has best picture quality among these 3.

BTW, what will you do with SD connection and the annual payment ???
I'm looking at a loss of 3500 rupees, if I don't find a buyer for it!!

@Siva Your comments on the channel arrangement.
If it is Hindi/English it's fine, but for the regional languages, everything is just jumbled up and very irritating. The first Telugu channel is Gemini Movies HD/SD (1403/1404), then the next channel is suddenly Sakshi (1406?), then Zee Telugu HD/SD (1409/1410), Gemini HD/SD (1411/1412), Gemini Comedy, Gemini Music, then only ETV HD/SD (1416/1417), then ETV AP, and finally Star Maa HD/SD (1422/1423).

It is a terrible arrangement. Dish TV is the best: 150x-151 (I think) for GECs, 153x for movie channels, 156x-157x for news channels. Even Airtel follows a sequential order (Telugu GECs: 88x-89x, news: 91x-92x and so on). Tata Sky does not. :angry:

@Siva Your comments on the channel arrangement.
If it is Hindi/English it's fine, but for the regional languages, everything is just jumbled up and very irritating. The first Telugu channel is Gemini Movies HD/SD (1403/1404), then the next channel is suddenly Sakshi (1406?), then Zee Telugu HD/SD (1409/1410), Gemini HD/SD (1411/1412), Gemini Comedy, Gemini Music, then only ETV HD/SD (1416/1417), then ETV AP, and finally Star Maa HD/SD (1422/1423).

It is a terrible arrangement. Dish TV is the best: 150x-151 (I think) for GECs, 153x for movie channels, 156x-157x for news channels. Even Airtel follows a sequential order (Telugu GECs: 88x-89x, news: 91x-92x and so on). Tata Sky does not. :angry:
I have mentioned it in the first post under "What is not so good" bro. It is just pathetic, I'm not sure how come a premium DTH like Tata Sky has such a silly channel arrangement, that too when they have those 4 digit channel numbers! They must address this issue. I'm not sure about Dish TV, but Airtel was good with this. And Sun Direct was also bad in this because they have separated SD and HD channels like Cable TV.

@Siva bro, hope u have checked the Signal Levels (SS, SQ, CNR) on Ch. 100, 666, 2031 and 2032.

I ask this question to all new TS members just to make sure they get optimum levels.

No one told me this when i got TS, i had low average to low signal levels on some TPs and then i had to call technician to fix.

Congrats @Siva anna for TS Connection......
I used 4 DTH (SD, ADTV, Reliance Big Tv & Now Dishtv) as per my view.... ADTV AQ & PQ is awesome...compared to this DTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock