Chennai DAS Updates.

Same most of the LCOs in chennai are doing. Outside chennai, Arasu able to distribute STBs in most of the households.

I just learned that my street has both Arasu and VK digital and one of my family member has been trying to reach Arasu LCO for past 1 week and he fails to pick phone and even if he picks he says he will come but never cares.

Neighbors say even if he connects at month end i have to pay both security deposit and full monthly subscription so why he would hurry to connect? So mostly he will visit during month end with some stupid explanation.

But mostly within this week or max next week i would have migrated to some DTH (unless LCO approaches and connects fast with some STB) as its hard during weekends without channels :LOL:.

Last edited:
Yes, personally for me it does not matter as i see everything on internet but family needs cable or DTH.

Yes, it does matter. Unless analogue comes to an end the LCO's continue to enjoy free connection from MSO and earn surplus tax free revenue which forces them to put DAS aside also they dont care about quality as analogue has no issues with quality so in-order to get quality service, good packs and competitive pricing DAS has to come into effect on a full scale.

are you worried on LCO earning money without tax or you are worried of analogue is given with deteriorated signal? when there are options who cares of someone looting and why do we have to be part of that loot.

Analogue update : now Zee Tamil removed and replaced with another info channel showing same analogue disconnection message. Now there are 2 info channels.

And star movies HD included in analogue. Looks like VK removing Tamil channels 1 by 1.

are you worried on LCO earning money without tax or you are worried of analogue is given with deteriorated signal? when there are options who cares of someone looting and why do we have to be part of that loot.

Nopes, i dont care who loots or not. But this looting is the sole reason why DAS never surfaces in Chennai (Analogue is Rs 130 & DAS is min Rs 250 yet tax free Rs 100 looks attractive for LCO's than taxed DAS), also only once DAS is implemented in full force the signal quality would be fully known and LCO's would try to fix them to make DAS a quality service.

BTW, since you are with this form for long and also with DTH & local cable, plz clarify these,
  • Once i pay for 1 year pack upfront on any given DTH, will they remove channels later-on and make the pack worthless which leads to keep adding channels a-la-carte?
  • Chennai being a rain prone city, will small rains affect all DTH brands or any particular brand an exception where signal drops only during heavy rains?
  • Any particular DTH brand (signal quality, good customer support, fewer issues and quick resolution) you wish to recommend for Annanagar Chennai?
Thanks.

Analogue update : now Zee Tamil removed and replaced with another info channel showing same analogue disconnection message. Now there are 2 info channels.

And star movies HD included in analogue. Looks like VK removing Tamil channels 1 by 1.

Sounds good, but only when they remove Sun network & Vijay Tv people will leave Analogue.

Thanks vishal for the update. Please keep on update for channels removal / additions in VK analogue.
BTW, anybody here with SCV analogue, what is going on with SCV analogue in chennai..abt channels removal and analogue end date

Last edited:
All learned members please help me clarify these doubts,
  • Once i pay for 1 year pack upfront on any given DTH, will they remove channels later-on and make the pack worthless which leads to keep adding channels a-la-carte?
  • Chennai being a rain prone city, will small rains affect all DTH brands or any particular brand an exception where signal drops only during heavy rains?
  • Any particular DTH brand (signal quality, good customer support, fewer issues and quick resolution) you wish to recommend for Annanagar Chennai?
Thanks.

One channal that acts as a switch is sun TV . If sun TV removed in analogue then all will move to Digital cable STB and DTH.

Yes, though Vijay Tv does have some fan base many would still stick to analogue even if Sun channels alone are there so Sun's analogue removal would bring closure to Analogue in Chennai (same across entire TN).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock