Chennai DAS Updates.

All learned members please help me clarify these doubts,
  • Once i pay for 1 year pack upfront on any given DTH, will they remove channels later-on and make the pack worthless which leads to keep adding channels a-la-carte?
  • Chennai being a rain prone city, will small rains affect all DTH brands or any particular brand an exception where signal drops only during heavy rains?
  • Any particular DTH brand (signal quality, good customer support, fewer issues and quick resolution) you wish to recommend for Annanagar Chennai?
Thanks.
1. They can remove as per their wish(according to terms and conditions). Recently,Star network Channels and airtel.
2. Any area/Any DTH even moderate rain.

All learned members please help me clarify these doubts,
  • Once i pay for 1 year pack upfront on any given DTH, will they remove channels later-on and make the pack worthless which leads to keep adding channels a-la-carte?
  • Chennai being a rain prone city, will small rains affect all DTH brands or any particular brand an exception where signal drops only during heavy rains?
  • Any particular DTH brand (signal quality, good customer support, fewer issues and quick resolution) you wish to recommend for Annanagar Chennai?
Thanks.
First of all i am happy that you are changing to DTH. To answer your questions one by one
• In my experience no Channels will be removed if you take annual pack with any dth (atleast wth TS,adtv,dish). The issue is only with addition to the pack. Yes might be sometimes they will remove.
•Rains will affect any dth. I think people call CHENNAI one of the hottest cities.
•TS, not only in Anna Nagar but whole of India.
All views are my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Nopes, i dont care who loots or not. But this looting is the sole reason why DAS never surfaces in Chennai (Analogue is Rs 130 & DAS is min Rs 250 yet tax free Rs 100 looks attractive for LCO's than taxed DAS), also only once DAS is implemented in full force the signal quality would be fully known and LCO's would try to fix them to make DAS a quality service.

BTW, since you are with this form for long and also with DTH & local cable, plz clarify these,
Thanks.
  • Once i pay for 1 year pack upfront on any given DTH, will they remove channels later-on and make the pack worthless which leads to keep adding channels a-la-carte? -- DTH comes with a premium you will to have to pay more if you want quality. Even DTH companies remove channels, check forums. recently airtel remove vijay TVHD and many other from their pack without notice as they had some issue with star network channels.
  • Chennai being a rain prone city, if chennai is rainprone dont know what to call other rain prone cities 1000s of feet above sealevel!!!. will small rains affect all DTH brands or any particular brand an exception where signal drops only during heavy rains?. Every problem has a solution, invest on a larger dish for few more thoussands if you want to have DTH even in worst weathers. ( again everthing comes for a premium) all DTH providers give the same size dish now, and that the plight of indian DTH. All the people are happy with DTH. if you are so much dependent on TV, you would not have stayed even without a basic cable for 3 months!! Even chennai weatherman stays near my home even he is having tatasky fyi. Excuses you can always give, we are in india. Even in USA i have been for 2yrs even there ppl have dth with smaller dishes as we have and signal goes off during bad weathers.
  • have Any particular DTH brand (signal quality, good customer support, fewer issues and quick resolution) you wish to recommend for Annanagar Chennai? Even im from annanagar, i dont have any issue with DTH, most of the ppl near me are with tatasky/d2h/airtel or with any LCO, the problem is not with LCO.... you are keep on comparing MSOs in chennai with that of the MSO which you get in your region. All you want is arasu/TCCL with free STB which i dont think it will not happen atleast in your place. i see you have been shifting places many times, you can better shift to a place where you get arasu cable with free STB and all channels for 180Rs. thats the only solution.

Last edited:
Nopes, i dont care who loots or not. But this looting is the sole reason why DAS never surfaces in Chennai (Analogue is Rs 130 & DAS is min Rs 250 yet tax free Rs 100 looks attractive for LCO's than taxed DAS), also only once DAS is implemented in full force the signal quality would be fully known and LCO's would try to fix them to make DAS a quality service.

Thanks.
what is your problem if DAS comes to entire chennai or not??? currently we are left with options to choose whatever we want, choose one and use, . you have not used DAS at all, you are on analogue, why do you talk about DAS quality.??

what is your problem if DAS comes to entire chennai or not???

If it wasn't a PROBLEM then the nation wouldn't be fighting hard to completely eradicate it.

And DDF has made this exclusive forum to discuss exactly the issues related to the PROBLEM you are referring with like minded people. Please look around, you might get some info. :)

what is your problem if DAS comes to entire chennai or not??? currently we are left with options to choose whatever we want, choose one and use, . you have not used DAS at all, you are on analogue, why do you talk about DAS quality.??

Once-again, a check on other users posts on this very same forum might help understand the BIGGER PROBLEM.

If it does not suit, there are obviously other interesting forums & threads to participate. Cheers. (y)

--
PS. BTW... i did shift to various nations (with IPTV as early as 2000) on some business but not to various places in Chennai/India. :)

Last edited:
If it wasn't a PROBLEM then the nation wouldn't be fighting hard to completely eradicate it.

And DDF has made this exclusive forum to discuss exactly the issues related to the PROBLEM you are referring with like minded people. Please look around, you might get some info. :)

Once-again, a check on other users posts on this very same forum might help understand the BIGGER PROBLEM.

If it does not suit, there are obviously other interesting forums & threads to participate. Cheers. (y)

--
PS. BTW... i did shift to various nations (with IPTV as early as 2000) on some business but not to various places in Chennai/India. :)

i never said that youhave shifted places in chennai , its only you said recently shifted home and without cable since jan. :) anyways end of analogue is very closer, lets see how you are adapting to it. i can get your set up at home, you have one main tv, one kalaignar tv and one computer with some digital tuner. you were enjoying all this with one analogue connection, which would not be the case if chennai moves to DAS. Lets see how you go..

First of all i am happy that you are changing to DTH. To answer your questions one by one
• In my experience no Channels will be removed if you take annual pack with any dth (atleast wth TS,adtv,dish). The issue is only with addition to the pack. Yes might be sometimes they will remove.
•Rains will affect any dth. I think people call CHENNAI one of the hottest cities.
•TS, not only in Anna Nagar but whole of India.
All views are my personal opinion.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, local LCO seems absent at my place and everyone has DTH alone. Also everyone here praises about TS, Hope to find a solution by this weekend. :)

even i know to quote better, read your post below, i believe shifting residence means shifting house!!

Last edited:
what does this mean!!!! Breaking the sentence does not mean that its changes the meaning!! even i know to do it!!

Is VK analogue still available?

" I'm without cable since Jan end as i shifted residence just a few streets away,"
  • if i have to opt the costly DTH for just watching just news and sports (i dont want to miss my favourite sports during rain even if i have to pay more) or
  • get local cable with STB or
  • use Cromecast or similar ones to play online content (e.g. news from youtube sports from hotstar etc).
Family wants local cable and have no idea on STB and scolding me frequently to get local cable or to connect DTH but i hate to call the local cable guy as im worried if he will bring VK STB (i have to buy atleast 2 STB in that case) and i suffer with those audio sync issues where audio playing a few mins delayed than video which VK historically has.

I like VK packs and price but they never fix these audio sync issue also several channels would freeze overnight (i watch movies and sports during night times) and only by next day (over 8-10 hrs) they try to fix them which spoils the mood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock