Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m really unable to understand what will be going on from 29th Dec?
Currently we are paying ₹150/month to our local cable provider. We have to pay more?

Currently we are paying ₹150/month to our local cable provider. We have to pay more?

Most probably no

What about the radio channels on DishTV and Videocon - Will they be counted as SD channels with NCF applicable?

how it will be no:huh:

Because unlike developed counties where subscription drives majority revenue for broadcasters, here in India ads give broadcasters 65 -70 % revenue and to get more ad revenue you need reach as advertisers are not stupid. Now if you charge too high people will stop subscribing so you will lose both subscription+ad revenue.

But why do you think yes ? :unsure:

Last edited:
Rs. 130 + 18%GST = 153.4 Network Capacity Fee towards initial 100 Channels, you're free to choose 75 channels (since 25 would be DD Channels) of your choice (Be it FTA or PAY), in case you choose pay, Subscription charges of pay channels (A-la-carte or bouquets) additionally

It depends on what you want to watch. If you are getting all the channels for 150 right now, and if you want to continue the same way, you will have to pay more. Else you can pay only for what you want to watch which will be more or less equal to your current monthly cost.

Because unlike developed counties where subscription drives majority revenue for broadcasters, here in India ads give broadcasters 65 -70 % revenue and to get more ad revenue you need reach as advertisers are not stupid. Now if you charge too high people will stop subscribing so you will lose both subscription+ad revenue.

But why do you think yes ? :unsure:
his question is

he might be getting more channels under 150, after 29 if he needs to subscribe most of the pay channels he might be ending up paying more than current 150 thats the reality na? why you dragged ad revenue and said yes. even whatever you say its going to happen its not on dec 29 right?, your answer to him is completely irrelevant if you replied yes in your mind calculating ad revenue

Help
If I take star of rs 49
Sony 39
Zee 45 than what will i have to pay ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock