Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it mandatory to subscribe to the so called ₹130 (leave the rate,it may be 0) pack?

Is it mandatory to subscribe to the so called ₹130 (leave the rate,it may be 0) pack?
All service proivers encash the TRAI NCF MRP (Rs.130+GST), even broadcasters la carte rate also (MRP 19).

I think at first, we need to pay more(or get less channels for what we are paying now) and within no time it will be reduced.
Now the power is in broadcasters and from 29th December customers would be the authority.

I think at first, we need to pay more(or get less channels for what we are paying now) and within no time it will be reduced.
Now the power is in broadcasters and from 29th December customers would be the authority.
If we boycott pay channels for 3 months, then they will reduce the rates. TRAI also put NCF rate on upper side, current rate is Rs.99 or Rs.100 (includes tax). Then SD channel NCF is Rs.1/-.

My LCO is ready to waive off his share of NCF, which would be as per TRAI guidelines, so basically NCF won't be 0 but may be around 50%, which itself would be a huge relief.

his question is

he might be getting more channels under 150, after 29 if he needs to subscribe most of the pay channels he might be ending up paying more than current 150 thats the reality na? why you dragged ad revenue and said yes. even whatever you say its going to happen its not on dec 29 right?, your answer to him is completely irrelevant if you replied yes in your mind calculating ad revenue

I dragged ad revenue because Times Network, TV18 and Zee Entertainment all are reducing rate upto 87% from earlier publishd RIO rates which they published a week ago because of the ad revenue impact on them. I am sure Sony and Star will be nxt. So if rates per channel is reduced will subscription cost increase ? I don't see how is it irrevalent from his question

Last edited:
Now TRAI fixed the deals between broadcasters and service providers as 80%-20% and MSO -LCO as 55%-45%.

The regulator has mandated a 80% - 20% revenue share between broadcaster and DPOs. Further between an MSO and local cable operator (LCO), the Trai has kept a 55% - 45% revenue share. For instance, in case of 100 FTA channels which comes at a price of Rs 130, MSO gets 55% that is Rs 71.5, while a local cable operator takes home the rest 45% that is Rs 58.5. The dynamic changes in case of pay channels. For example, on a channel which is priced at Rs 10, a broadcaster earns 80% that is Rs 8, while the rest is divided between the DPOs. The MSO gets 55% that is Rs 1.10 and LCO gets just 90 paise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock