Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will have to reduce price becoz they will get more subscribers by lowering their price and will get more advertisement and their big chunk of income is advertisement

Doesn't matter whether we are getting free, ala-carte or bouquet.
Small correction to that. If you choose free channels in those 75, then you only need to pay NCF.
If you choose pay channels in those 75, then you need to pay NCF + MRP of pay channels.

Small correction to that. If you choose free channels in those 75, then you only need to pay NCF.
If you choose pay channels in those 75, then you need to pay NCF + MRP of pay channels.
Where did I say that we have to pay additional charges for free channels?

I bet even you are not happy to see this :D
As NGO we Twitted TRAI to come clear with example not vague press note only few understands.
Of course I'm not happy since the day I understood the rules, especially being an Airtel user. But there is no choice but to go with the flow. Only thing that can bring down the prices is the "Broadcasters reducing prices for individual channels". They won't do so unless 15 percent rule is forced by TRAI. All we can do is, not to subscribe the channels, in a weak form of protest, and see if that will have any impact on the broadcasters!

Of course I'm not happy since the day I understood the rules, especially being an Airtel user. But there is no choice but to go with the flow. Only thing that can bring down the prices is the "Broadcasters reducing prices for individual channels". They won't do so unless 15 percent rule is forced by TRAI. All we can do is, not to subscribe the channels, in a weak form of protest, and see if that will have any impact on the broadcasters!
That's exactly what I'm going to do, will subscribe to just two pay channels even that will cost near ₹200, while I was getting everything except sports @₹209pm

Which channels are you most likely going to give up in protest?

Last edited:
I bet even you are not happy to see this :D
As NGO we Twitted TRAI to come clear with example not vague press note only few understands.
The point is that the New Tariff Order, Acceptable or Not, is in itself clear as per the provided document, also it wasn't implemented in a hurry, but that was circulated an year ago, it's the DPO's that caused the delay in a way that they assumed that they'll get the court ruling in their favour, eventually they didn't take necessary steps that they should have taken from then, now they're creating confusions, might be deliberately, on top of it media is trying to grab limelight by publishing their own interpretations.

The point is that the New Tariff Order, Acceptable or Not, is in itself clear as per the provided document, also it wasn't implemented in a hurry, but that was circulated an year ago, it's the DPO's that caused the delay in a way that they assumed that they'll get the court ruling in their favour, eventually they didn't take necessary steps that they should have taken from then, now they're creating confusions, might be deliberately, on top of it media is trying to grab limelight by publishing their own interpretations.
It's actually quite shocking to see Time of India publishing such an article, having pay channels from their own network!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock