Seeking Help D2h vs Airtel which is best at this time

Nearby electronic store is far way..so I asked this thread... I just want SD pictures quality excellent and hd sports.. already checked Tata play and sun.but not satisfied..so want either Airtel or d2h

Nearby electronic store is far way..so I asked this thread... I just want SD pictures quality excellent and hd sports.. already checked Tata play and sun.but not satisfied..so want either Airtel or d2h
If you have already checked Tata Play and Sun then Blindly go with D2H for better SD picture quality.
(Tata Play SD Channels PQ is way better than Airtel)

But it's you who brought that YOY sub base count on discussion.
Couple of days back you retaliated when I mentioned freeloading on DDFD, now you are limiting one brands reach towards low ARPU user bases only. I pay ₹560 per month and there are many others like me who uses Dish/D2h. It's a completely wrong assumption that it's only for rural users.

FYI, I saw 60-70% ADTV dishes going down and is replaced by Sun around my locality. Not by ADTV/Dish/D2H/Tata Play.
It's not only Dish/D2h or Tata Play that has lost subs in recent past. Here is the link to refer - Active DTH subscribers base drops by 2.17% in the quarter from July to September of 2022

When I utterly condemn calling someone by names, but it can be clearly seen multiple times in past also, though you claim your views are honest and balanced , but your comments portrays otherwise.

Just to add to my previous answer to ur above posts.

There r various factors thru which one can estimate which operator has more penetration in the premium segment...ofcourse judging by smart/ Android boxes of a brand visible around u or gathering information thru dealers or other such sources is one such factor but there r several other such things which can give u an estimate like if premium brands r advertising on home channels of an operator or not and how many such brands r advertising or at what frequency. Remember brand agencies gather all the data pertaining to in which segments/regions a particular operator has a stronghold and thereby decide to buy ad slots on home chnanels that DTH /Cable platform. These brand agencies even have access to all the details which we a regular people do not get from BARC website as brand agencies take subscription to BARC Data and even maybe having access to certain other data which would not be made available to general public and there r DTH boxes too which r part of BARC sample size thus it also gives them an idea as to which operator is having more premium subscribers or on which platform such content is being watched more

Also even broadcasters quite rating figures received via RPD system installed in Smart/Android boxes of customers. INDIA TV quotes dats of Airtel XStream Box users while stating that it is most watched news channel in a particular week or month. Never seen Dish or d2h smart boxes viewership figures being quoted by any broadcaster.

If u clearly try to decode then u will notice that Airtel Digital TV has strong presence across different segments be it mass or premium. Tata Play until few years back was weak in certain parts of the mass segment (economically weaker section of society) but they undertook a massive campaign to connect with this audience and has now gained a lot here. If u notice Airtel Digital TV runs many teleshopping ads across different home channels which basically caters to the mass audience and since many such companies r showing great interest to buy ad slots on their home channels hence it shows that they have a huge stronghold in this segment....even regular FMCG ads r prominent on home channels of Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV. Tata Play just like Sony does not prefer airing much teleshopping hence they have refrained from adding more home channels or even airing just few Naaptol or EzMall ads on their main landing home channel....this would surely be causing loss in revenue but they would have taken a decision to build certain brand image and this would not be fitting within it.

Dish D2h would certainly be having Premium Subscribers but as per my observations and evaluation it would be still lot smaller than compared to Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV.

It would be great if operators themselves make all such data public, i remember few years back there used to articles where Tata Play (Sky) used to tell how much % of their subscribers r having HD boxes....having more details will help even DTH / TV enthusiasts like us discuss on such topics in more elaborate and clear manner

Cons in Airteldth(which d2h doesn't have)
  1. Late payment fee Rs15 to 30 levied once recharge ends
  2. Buggy airtel thanks app
  3. Time and date in EPG is verysmall
  4. UI is worst, not userfreindly and not suitable for elders
  5. Once your recharge ends u will get 2-3 spam calls from airtel dth everyday untill u recharge
  6. less no of Internation news channel(Removed DW, ALjazzera, NH JAPAN and CNN runs in different aspect ratio)
  7. frequently removing channels
  8. frequently raising pack price
  9. setting favourite channels is cumbersome
  10. remote will break within 1year
  11. for recording specific pendrives only work(SANDISK only), otherbrand pendrives shows error "unable to mount"
  12. 30 days lock in period for alcarte channels

Buddy, its been 2 days but u have not come out with a list of negative points about Dish d2h as i had requested so to offer a balance i would like to state the same

- First n foremost many key SD and HD channels r missing on Dish d2h platform. D2h infact does not have even basic channels like Mastiii, 9X Jalwa,, Good Times, Colors Cineplex Bollywood etc. and even many HDMI channels. Similarly Dish TV too has a big list of missing channels, also it is getting many channels via DD Free Dish...if say tomorrow certain channel is discontinued from DD Free Dish then Dish TV viewers will lose access to it unless Dish TV enters carriage fee agreement with it. D2h too just has 3 or 4 international channels, same is the case with Dish TV if keep

- Most irritating issue is that many channel names r not properly mentioned on EPG of Dish d2h....their mini EPG does not have adequate space to accommodate channel names which r little longer and they have not been able to find a solution to it for a very long time. They can either implement swivel option for names of channels appearing on EPG or do some changes in EPG layout or expand size of it fit in names of channels properly but until now nothing has been done.

- Again i still find Dish d2h hardware/software quality to be not quite good as well as user interface / navigation still somewhat slow and not that smooth as compared to Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV. Even Remote Quality particularly D2h RF remote seems to be not quite durable or user friendly, even keys r somewhat hard to press....above all even Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV android/smart r more feature loaded and even Remote is more durable and user friendly

- Even I used to get constant calls from d2h when my DTH Account became inactive. There is a solution for it which all operators provide simple register in their DND service and such calls will stop

- As far as temporary suspension, late fee is concerned d2h used to charge for it earlier...has dish d2h stopped charging anything for above nowadays?

- As far as USB recording feature is concerned again i find Airtel Digital TV to be having more easier and well sorted out interface for it and using this feature is lot more convenient as compared to d2h. If things have improved now then members can surely tell about it. On smart/Android boxes of Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play cloud recording option has been made available but same is missing on Dish d2h smart boxes

- From after sales service point of view too Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV seem to be ahead than Dish d2h...be it providing more choice to reach out to customer care or revert back time and time taken ti resolve issue (which may differ across various regions for different operators) i find Airtel Digital TV, Tata Play after sales support to be more co-ordinated and well planned.

There r various other points but as i am little short of time so will discuss on this sometime later

• You will receive same transmission in Company's ( DishTV India Ltd ) both brands DishTV and d2h. Company's both brands are operated from single unified headend,broadcast station. you can choose any brand as per your choice, you can choose packs as per brand DishTV and d2h on websites.

To know more about video processing technology company has been usin click below.

• Company's both brands has PAN India Target Market do not confuse it with brand's strength.

• If your preferred language is from North region, you will receive channels from SES8.

• If your preferred language is from South India, you will receive channels from ST2.

• both brands DishTV and d2h box is compatible with SES8 and ST2.

Company ( DishTV India Ltd ) offers three brands to broadcasters, it's upto you which brand you prefer.
IMG-20230226-153930.jpg

Bro, it does not matter if there is a common uplinking centre being used for Dish TV and d2h or a separate one....what matters is at what bitrate channels r being transmitted on each transponder. There r various factors which go into determining whether a particular bitrate is satisfactory/good/ bad for transmitting a channel and i have already explained the same in detail few day back and even earlier on so won't repeat it

All in all an operator may use equipments to make picture quality more vivid, rich or use such technology even to enhance the audio quality. What really matters incase of video quality is that channels should not be running with pixelation and offer good sharpness. Now some people may like natural or vivid colors, sharper or more smoother picture and various other personal preference which ultimately go into they deciding which operator offers best picture quality

I for example do not like picture quality on Tata Play bcoz of 1 main reason that they use deblocking technology which though smoothens out edges of pixels thus picture looks lot clearer but sharpness gets decreased while on Airtel Digital TV i get clear as well sharp picture quality across all SD and HD channels available on their platform. Some channels r in average or poor audio/video quality from broadcaster end so DTH/Cable TV operators cannot do anything on the same

Buddy, its been 2 days but u have not come out with a list of negative points about Dish d2h as i had requested so to offer a balance i would like to state the same

- First n foremost many key SD and HD channels r missing on Dish d2h platform. D2h infact does not have even basic channels like Mastiii, 9X Jalwa,, Good Times, Colors Cineplex Bollywood etc. and even many HDMI channels. Similarly Dish TV too has a big list of missing channels, also it is getting many channels via DD Free Dish...if say tomorrow certain channel is discontinued from DD Free Dish then Dish TV viewers will lose access to it unless Dish TV enters carriage fee agreement with it. D2h too just has 3 or 4 international channels, same is the case with Dish TV if keep

- Most irritating issue is that many channel names r not properly mentioned on EPG of Dish d2h....their mini EPG does not have adequate space to accommodate channel names which r little longer and they have not been able to find a solution to it for a very long time. They can either implement swivel option for names of channels appearing on EPG or do some changes in EPG layout or expand size of it fit in names of channels properly but until now nothing has been done.

- Again i still find Dish d2h hardware/software quality to be not quite good as well as user interface / navigation still somewhat slow and not that smooth as compared to Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV. Even Remote Quality particularly D2h RF remote seems to be not quite durable or user friendly, even keys r somewhat hard to press....above all even Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV android/smart r more feature loaded and even Remote is more durable and user friendly

- Even I used to get constant calls from d2h when my DTH Account became inactive. There is a solution for it which all operators provide simple register in their DND service and such calls will stop

- As far as temporary suspension, late fee is concerned d2h used to charge for it earlier...has dish d2h stopped charging anything for above nowadays?

- As far as USB recording feature is concerned again i find Airtel Digital TV to be having more easier and well sorted out interface for it and using this feature is lot more convenient as compared to d2h. If things have improved now then members can surely tell about it. On smart/Android boxes of Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play cloud recording option has been made available but same is missing on Dish d2h smart boxes

- From after sales service point of view too Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV seem to be ahead than Dish d2h...be it providing more choice to reach out to customer care or revert back time and time taken ti resolve issue (which may differ across various regions for different operators) i find Airtel Digital TV, Tata Play after sales support to be more co-ordinated and well planned.

There r various other points but as i am little short of time so will discuss on this sometime later
I used airtel for more than two years and before that sundirect, if i Known above cons i should avoid buying airtel dth, Hence i want others to know cons first before buying Airtel dth, AS airtel is a ghoul corporation

Which is best Airtel hd model for pictures quality..and what is the offer for new connection only box. What 6months package cost of new connection

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock