Seeking Help D2h vs Airtel which is best at this time

Coming back to the original discussion -
You can blindly opt ADTV if HD channels are your absolute priority. They probably have the best HD PQ if compared with TP, Dish and D2H. It's sharper, richer in colour. SD PQ is not bad but not the absolute best.
Coming to D2H, as you are from West Bengal, they will provide you with SES8 alignment. So except the UI of D2H , you won't find much difference between Dish or D2H user experience. SD PQ here is better than the competition, don't know the technical reason behind this. HD PQ is decent. Their HD PQ has a bit more contrast, thus it looks a bit darker.
Now the choice is yours, make your choice according to your needs.

I Need To Disagree With This Bro! Unless Count Is Important

In DishD2H There Are Few HD Boxes, Which Gives, Great Picture Quality

Zenege D-7000 HD (Personally Checked (By Me & @Devaraj V ) And Compared With Airtel Boxes) And One More Model,, Really DishD2H PQ Is Amazing On HD Channels And Some SD Channels Too,,

As Well As D2H Ka 4K UHD Box,

There's A Marginal Difference In PQ Among Different Models Of HD Boxes Of DishD2H,,,

I Need To Disagree With This Bro! Unless Count Is Important

In DishD2H There Are Few HD Boxes, Which Gives, Great Picture Quality

Zenege D-7000 HD (Personally Checked (By Me & @Devaraj V ) And Compared With Airtel Boxes) And One More Model,, Really DishD2H PQ Is Amazing On HD Channels And Some SD Channels Too,,

As Well As D2H Ka 4K UHD Box,

There's A Marginal Difference In PQ Among Different Models Of HD Boxes Of DishD2H,,,
I have 7000HD box. It has good picture quality, I am not denying that. In my TV I found that XStream STB has a bit more sharpness in HD channels like SET. Personally experienced this during KBC.

Can someone please add some pics of different dths both HD and SD, so that we can get a little bit idea of PQ of different dths.
I'm using ADTV but i have no complain about PQ of SD channels in ADTV

Cons in Airteldth(which d2h doesn't have)
  1. Late payment fee Rs15 to 30 levied once recharge ends
  2. Buggy airtel thanks app
  3. Time and date in EPG is verysmall
  4. UI is worst, not userfreindly and not suitable for elders
  5. Once your recharge ends u will get 2-3 spam calls from airtel dth everyday untill u recharge
  6. less no of Internation news channel(Removed DW, ALjazzera, NH JAPAN and CNN runs in different aspect ratio)
  7. frequently removing channels
  8. frequently raising pack price
  9. setting favourite channels is cumbersome
  10. remote will break within 1year
  11. for recording specific pendrives only work(SANDISK only), otherbrand pendrives shows error "unable to mount"
  12. 30 days lock in period for alcarte channels

But it's you who brought that YOY sub base count on discussion.
Couple of days back you retaliated when I mentioned freeloading on DDFD, now you are limiting one brands reach towards low ARPU user bases only. I pay ₹560 per month and there are many others like me who uses Dish/D2h. It's a completely wrong assumption that it's only for rural users.

FYI, I saw 60-70% ADTV dishes going down and is replaced by Sun around my locality. Not by ADTV/Dish/D2H/Tata Play.
It's not only Dish/D2h or Tata Play that has lost subs in recent past. Here is the link to refer - Active DTH subscribers base drops by 2.17% in the quarter from July to September of 2022

When I utterly condemn calling someone by names, but it can be clearly seen multiple times in past also, though you claim your views are honest and balanced , but your comments portrays otherwise.

Dada, i stated comments about subscriber base bcoz many members were claiming that Dish d2h is best in picture quality but still i mentioned they r losing out on subscriber base .

I did not said that Dish d2h does not have premium subscriber base, i just said that it is too small compared to what Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV has. You can even look at their ARPU and assess the same.

You quoted July to September 2022 figures where there may have been some drop in subscriber base of Airtel Digital TV but just compare the overall quarterly/ yearly progress of subscriber base of all DTH Platforms and u will clearly see Dish d2h has seen biggest decline in subscriber base while Tata Play has maintained a fine balance and Airtel Digital TV as well as Sun Direct have been biggest gainers.

My comments only portray the truth but either bcoz of not understanding the sane or not knowing the ground reality some members perceive my statements to be incorrect which is not the right approach

5. Once your recharge ends u will get 2-3 spam calls from airtel dth everyday untill u recharge
  6. less no of Internation news channel(Removed DW, ALjazzera, NH JAPAN and CNN runs in different aspect ratio)
  11. for recording specific pendrives only work(SANDISK only), otherbrand pendrives shows error "unable to mount"

Airtel App may have few issue but so does Dish d2h app.

Airtel Digital TV does not remove channels frequently, infact they have record to retain most of the channels by properly negotiating and renewing the agreements

Time, Date on EPG is perfectly and so r other information

Late Payment fee is not an issue, if u call customer care they credit it back in customer's DTH Account.

User Interface for all Airtel Digital TV boxes is extremely good and well suited for all age demographics.

There is no such issue of constant calls received if ur Airtel Digital TV account gets inactive, just like incase of other operators few times retention team calls u for activating suspension offers.

Airtel Digital TV offers channel/packs at most affordable prices. Price increase r not done frequently and if done they r not quite high. At most occasions all DTH operators take joint call or increasing or decreasing prices...even for new connection or 2nd connection offers

Airtel Digital TV provides 5 International Channels, more will be added shortly

Remote Quality is excellent for all box variants, no such issues as u mentioned

Setting favorite channels is not an issue. Only issue is that on their Android 9 Box a dedicated favourite key is missing but shortly thru software update this issue will be addressed and like in their latest Android 10 box Left Arrow key will be assigned to open favourite channels list. Even on smart boxes of other operators this issue is there

All USB Pen Drives work fine for recording on Airtel Digital TV boxes. No such issue

Already discussed about 30 day lock in policy so won't repeat.

Anyways i can list out many genuine downsides of Dish d2h but will not do so as again it will start a long discussion which i am not interested anymore to be part of.

off Topic @dino29 bro . Kindly look at the thread DDF Exclusive - Comparison of channels across DTHs for less number of channels specifically SD channels on Dishtv. so your statement there are less number of channels on Dishtv its HD channels which are fact less in number. In fact we count the regional ones like Punjabi, Oriya, bengali , Marathi there are more number of channels on Dishtv than all DTH in all genres. So you cannot comment that people are shifting out it due to less number of channels. Again your comment that only lower middle class are having Dishtv then the fact only be quoted with any study / survey with audited results and not by opinion. The problem is different as ZEEL facing solvency proceedings and may be fightings on control of Dishtv board is the main issue. Kindly note that Dishtv was the leader few years back with most SD/HD channels and any new channels would launch on Dishtv first and was having maximum share in DTH.

Thanks for sharing the information buddy. Dish TV is getting many channels from DD Frer Dish hence they have no control as to until when they continue to available to their viewers...this again is a downside but adds to channel count.

Dish d2h surely must be having lower premium subscribers, 1stly their ARPU numbers seem to suggest that 2ndly i personally have not seen many people opting for their smart boxes which also is an index that their foothold in this segment seems to be lot behind as compared to Tata Play or Airtel Digital TV. I think DTH operators should come out with complete data about how much % of their subscribers r using SD , HD, Android boxes and even how many have opted for HD channels or bouquets as there r lot of people having HD boxes but subscribing to just SD channels... Such subscribers r even there in smart box segment but there operators only provide upper range SD packs to such viewers hence ARPU remains high.

Sure issue of Zee group promotersvor companies facing certainly has created issue for Dish d2h but even before that Dish d2h was having issues in scaling up the DTH business in efficient manner. They somehow were not able to match up with Tata Play and Airtel Digital TV on multiple fronts and same seems to be the case now

whatever negative things other forum members telling about airtel are lies and whatever you're telling is truth?, well done keepitup

Let's wrap this up folks. People who use Dish and D2H are poor. This is a factual statement by a possible Airtel employee. Those who want better picture quality and don't want to be looted by Airtel are actually just poor and uninformed and spewing non factual opinions.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock