Denied a Broadcaster bouquet!?

Reaction score
Hi users, can someone please let me know if cable operators can deny providing any broadcaster bouquet/pack?
My cable operator says they only have 4 bouquets of Sony whereas Sony has come out with around 18-20 packs. He is not providing the Sony pack that I want saying its not available and says I have to choose from the 4 that hes providing.
Is it such that the cable operators can provide only certain broadcaster packs or can i demand whichever I want !??
Thanks already!

Its upto them to offer all bouquets or not. You have to take it from the bouquets which he offers or change your service provider.

There is no mandatory rule for operators to provide all the bouquets which is another nail in the coffin for the viewers. Trai failed on this front too.

Last edited:
Hi users, can someone please let me know if cable operators can deny providing any broadcaster bouquet/pack?
My cable operator says they only have 4 bouquets of Sony whereas Sony has come out with around 18-20 packs. He is not providing the Sony pack that I want saying its not available and says I have to choose from the 4 that hes providing.
Is it such that the cable operators can provide only certain broadcaster packs or can i demand whichever I want !??
Thanks already!
It mostly depends on whether your cable operator have all or most of the channels available in a broadcaster bouquet or not. But again, they can also offer same bouquets with less channels as many operators are doing.

Last edited:
You cannot expect all broadcaster's packs from cable TV providers. You can get it from Tata sky or Airtel tv.

Yes one operator whose business is mainly in UP will certainly not carry all south indian chs so he will definitely not offer all the south bouquets

Yes one operator whose business is mainly in UP will certainly not carry all south indian chs so he will definitely not offer all the south bouquets
Meanwhile my operator carries all Times Network's channels. Yet they is not offering any HD bouquet from Times Network.

Last edited:
Meanwhile my operator carries all Times Network's channels. Yet they is not offering any HD bouquet from Times Network.
Blame TRAI along with operators for this kinda mess. If TRAI has mandated to carry all bouquets they would have. They are ready to force the rules on consumers but they are afraid to touch broadcasters and operators.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock