Discussion Did you knew that the set top boxes you bought were on rental basis?

Did you knew the set top boxes you bought was on rental basis?

• Total voters

DJ Roy

Contributor
Reaction score
I was shocked to know that the set top box I bought was on rental basis. Give your honest votes here whether you knew the set top boxes you purchased was on rental basis before purchase?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. In fact long time back I stopped recharging my Dish TV connection. After a few months I received a call from Dish TV that I'll have to return the STB. Their representative came and took STB back from me. :(

DJ Roy

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. In fact long time back I stopped recharging my Dish TV connection. After a few months I received a call from Dish TV that I'll have to return the STB. Their representative came and took STB back from me. :(
Did you knew that before buying the box?

And did they took dish, wires and lnb too?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Did you knew that before buying the box?

And did they took dish, wires and lnb too?
Yes. I knew it from the beginning.

No. They didn't take back anything else. They asked for STB only.

Garvit

Registered
Reaction score
Wrong information my dish tv connection is inactive from 2008 any never got a call from dish tv representative ....
My d2h sd connection is also inactive from 2013 ...
Second my tatasky connection is closed from 2016 nothing happen ...
Third my airtel hd connection is inactive from 2018 nothing happened ...

Last edited:

hike

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I know that even it is clearly mentioned on STB or on user manual that, "in case of inactive I've to return the STB back to operator".
But, this is not mentioned on all STBs, this is only mention on STB which are brought under some kinda offers.
Like my village DishTV connection has mentioned this but not my Tata Sky.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Abhay jadhav Sad News D2h not update marathi channel Maiboli,sangeet marathi,AM news and Hindi music channel masti, did not d2h platform unavelabile d2h HD 1
DJ Roy Seeking Help Did anyone got cashback from the new Tata Sky and Amazon scan offer? Tata Sky 4
S Did SunLife rebrand/relaunch fail? TV Channels News 6
TushShar I did a channel search and all the FTA channel dissapeared,What to do? Dish TV 20
DJ Roy Did selfcare stopped putting NCF on total summary? Tata Sky 13
DJ Roy Did anyone recieved cashback from Amazon of that Tata Sky recharge offer? Tata Sky 12
Devilappears Help need to change mobile i did changle online but still showing wrong old number Airtel Digital TV 4
Jingalala Star sports 2 hd did not telecast wc finals TV Channels News 17
chandu Seeking Help What happens if we did not create a pack by Today Midnight ? d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 7
S Sad News Manthan Digital did not implement any TRAI Regulations till now Digital Cable TV 10
Mylanji Discussion Why did Doordarshan rename some regional channels? TV Channels News 11
Atif kahn Seeking Help I did not got my d2h activated d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1
abhishek Good News DID li'l masters | starts 3rd March Sat-Sun 9:00pm @ ZEE TV TV Shows & Programs 5
abhishek Good News 'Dance India Dance (DID) Season6' | SAT-SUN 9PM| ZEE TV {Sanket Wins} TV Shows & Programs 11
hike Did Film Star Rahul Dev votes are going to Manveer Gujjar in BIGG BOSS TV Shows & Programs 1
Greatkarthik How did star sports network can manage? TV Channels News 10
M@zh@R Inverto LNB Did Not Solve My Problem Tata Sky 14
Sagar any link for updating DID d2h HD 0
D When and Why did TV Channels Started Censoring Adult Contents on Programs? TV Shows & Programs 2
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: Manorama was in 'Ripley's Believe It or Not' South Indian Films 0
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: Shalini first refused Amarkalam South Indian Films 0
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: What's Ajith's actual film debut? South Indian Films 0
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: Rajini's Muthu wasn't the first Tamil film in Japanese South Indian Films 0
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: Lyricist Vaali has directed a movie South Indian Films 0
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: MGR's only Malayalam film he acted South Indian Films 0