Breaking Disney Star India's Kevin Vaz to joins Viacom18 as CEO

Appointing rivalry network head As CEO nothing will change, if it's too easy today Sony have so many channels with success in South without Zee merger. Even All these Star south channels acquired from prominent networks like Vijay TV from Utv/Mallya, Maa channels from Maa TV and Asianet/Suvarna from Asianet network. Similarly Viacom18 acquired ETv network some channels they got big success especially In Kannada their two GECs dominated for years.

If you observed recent years VIacom18 launched Straight new channel Colors Tamil in Tamilnadu and Star launched Star Kiran in odisha, both channels failed badly as per expectations, Only Acquisition of prominent Local Brand can helps network grow higher and later these channels can rebranding under their Network brands like Colors or Star.

You mean
Colors Telugu
Colors Malayalam ?
Colors Tamil is a big blunder. They'll be very careful before launching something here. Both of these markets are very crowded and I don't think have space for completely new channel.

If you observed recent years VIacom18 launched Straight new channel Colors Tamil in Tamilnadu and Star launched Star Kiran in odisha, both channels failed badly as per expectations,
Zee Keralam is an exception. They did really well as compared to expectations.

Colors Tamil is a big blunder. They'll be very careful before launching something here. Both of these markets are very crowded and I don't think have space for completely new channel.
Instead of launching new straight channel, If they acquired any prominent Broadcaster in crowded market, definitely they got success in some way.
Zee Keralam is an exception. They did really well as compared to expectations.
Yeah Zee Keralam done great hard work evey department to catch viewers and position on Top 5, Zee thinking long term any contents flop they're working again on new contents. But here broadcaster like Star/Viacom18 want success within a months on new channels and if it's not work these channels completely sidelined.

Instead of launching new straight channel, If they acquired any prominent Broadcaster in crowded market, definitely they got success in some way.
Are there any? Like in Telugu Market I don't think there's any good channel left to acquire. Even Gemini is struggling.

In Malayalam, I don't know but I think there were talks between Viacom and flowers tv for acquisition but it never went through.

Are there any? Like in Telugu Market I don't think there's any good channel left to acquire. Even Gemini is struggling.

In Malayalam, I don't know but I think there were talks between Viacom and flowers tv for acquisition but it never went through.
In Malayalam Mazhavil & Flowers are well flourished channels suitable for an acquisition. But as of now the doors are closed for both channels. Mazhavil is from the newspaper & media giant of Kerala - Malayala Manorama who doesnot have a history of give up, merger or even acquisitions. They always maintain stability in popularity and revenue, starts own enterprises, quickly grab the market & rare shut downs when losses happens.
When it comes to Flowers the channel is owned by prominent industrialists in Kerala, but the brain of the channel is 'Sreekantan Nair' who is a rebel. He left Asianet first when Star acquired it. Then worked in Surya, Mazhavil etc and quit from all to work with freedom. He hates corporate customs & Flowers is a product of it too. So in his presence he won't let for an acquisition.

In Malayalam Mazhavil & Flowers are well flourished channels suitable for an acquisition. But as of now the doors are closed for both channels. Mazhavil is from the newspaper & media giant of Kerala - Malayala Manorama who doesnot have a history of give up, merger or even acquisitions. They always maintain stability in popularity and revenue, starts own enterprises, quickly grab the market & rare shut downs when losses happens.
When it comes to Flowers the channel is owned by prominent industrialists in Kerala, but the brain of the channel is 'Sreekantan Nair' who is a rebel. He left Asianet first when Star acquired it. Then worked in Surya, Mazhavil etc and quit from all to work with freedom. He hates corporate customs & Flowers is a product of it too. So in his presence he won't let for an acquisition.
I disagree on your opinion on Sreekantan Nair a.k.a SKN. He is a hypocrite and no doubt that this channel will be sold if a good offer is made.

I disagree on your opinion on Sreekantan Nair a.k.a SKN. He is a hypocrite and no doubt that this channel will be sold if a good offer is made.
He may be a hypocrite.it is his politics. But generally he doesn't likes to employ under big bosses. Anyway selling is upto the owners, but there is no financial issues now.

I hope Jio - Viacom acquires a minor stake in Sun. Make Sun TV content exclusive to JioCinema (JioVoot). Too many streamers can't survive in the market. Sun needs to realise this and merge with the super app. Viacom can also share their kids library and paramount movies for Sun's linear channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock