DreamDTH.com launches News Portal : Discussions & Feedbacks

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 71
  • Views: Views 6,554
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small suggession on the home page. The news/threads seem not organized based on date. Articles are mixed now and old ones are sometimes on the top and new ones on scroll downs. Correct me if I missed something, but it should be good if it is ordered based on date.

Small suggession on the home page. The news/threads seem not organized based on date. Articles are mixed now and old ones are sometimes on the top and new ones on scroll downs. Correct me if I missed something, but it should be good if it is ordered based on date.

some trending/important articles are made sticky to appear at the top ahead of others.. its intentional not a bug/error..

'RECENT FROM OUR FORUMS' section should reflect only topics relevant for the site.
Jokes of the Day etc. need not be appearing there I feel.

'RECENT FROM OUR FORUMS' section should reflect only topics relevant for the site.
Jokes of the Day etc. need not be appearing there I feel.
It can't be changed that way. It fetches 5 latest posts from the forum and link to their threads.

Due to proper redirections set post migration (old forum URLs to new ones) users are being landed on correct pages. News site has been doing more than well for any beginner news portal. As we continue to grow it, surely would do better than now.

Our forum traffic looks little up than usual currently, may be due to peak hours or because news site bringing more audiences:

GOIrL2Z.jpg

Hey did you guys consider integration of WordPress and the xenforo login using a Bridge? At least that'd solve the problem of having two accounts

Hey did you guys consider integration of WordPress and the xenforo login using a Bridge? At least that'd solve the problem of having two accounts
Yes, we considered and tested. But it didn't worked out and we didn't needed it anyways since accounts are required only if you are publishing news. May be a handful of people woud publish news.

Comment section are open to public. You just need to enter email, username to discuss over the articles. Use same one everytime to post just like any news website. Hope that clarifies.

On dreamdth.com main page articles showing image first then headline(article title) then article text, it makes confusion, is anyone else faced this confusion.

My preference would be article title first
After that image
Then article text.

On dreamdth.com main page articles showing image first then headline(article title) then article text, it makes confusion, is anyone else faced this confusion.

My preference would be article title first
After that image
Then article text.
On PC the look is same as you requested. We have worked on improving the mobile view, please check and confirm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
New comment section rolled out today. Check them out under published articles, discuss them if you wish.:)

YTlI00n.png

Just used the new WordPress interface and I give it a huge thumbs up. It is heavily customisable and I love the concept of blocks that can be changed to a certain type (paragraph, quote, image, video, etc.). While AMS was good as well, this is a huge upgrade. Thanks a lot to the entire team which has invested in this new software. :clap2: :clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock