Discussion Fix PQ Issues on Airtel Xstream box due to HDR

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 169
  • Views: Views 83,069
Binge+ also has Dolby audio issue with Prime video. And the Dolby audio quality on Airtel is the best on satellite channels. I think only d2h comes on par with Airtel in audio quality.

Omg!! Just now received an update n my xstream box and it asked for a reboot.To my utter dismay,when i switched n the box,the remote stopped working except for the numeric keys.The light that blinks n d box when pressing a key n the remote is not blinking as well..the xstream box has stopped taking commands from the remote...what is this happening😡😭

I was facing this issue from a very long time since January to be in fact when I purchased this set top box but now the issue has been resolved I am not getting the HDR picture output. This has happened after getting the latest update from Airtel but that update did the half work only. Rest is my own work.
I after receiving this update I was not sure that HDR issue would have been resolved, As i have a VU 43 inch 4k TV but ir did get resolved. So what I did after updating the Android set top box I removed all the cables connected to my TV and I reset my TV. now I plugged in HDMI cable of Airtel Xtreme set top box in my last port of HDMI available in my TV. Then I hard reset my xtreme set top box. It's video is available on YouTube. After it got reset as I had plugged it in last HDMI port my VU TV has 4 HDMI port I have plugged it in 4th port. After registering I found that now my image or picture quality is very good and there is no HDR output from the set top box by default. But after this update I got two new issues before this update my Dolby digital sound was coming in 5.1 channel but now that has gone and also so netflix and prime video or YouTube HDR videos doesn't work in HDR, only normal 4K a video plays which is also good thing. well this is my success story after 6 months.

l buyed 2nd hand connection from a dealer & never faced HDR problem till today. He gave me non branded new HDMl cable (not originally came with xtream box).

For HDR quality we need any hdmi general cable or any particular HDMl cable made for HDR android box...
l dont have 4K tv & l dont watch 4K content. My tv quality 1378 x 720

Last edited:
Let me ask you guys, After all reading this and several topics on Airtel xtream box,
did HDR problem got solve for permanently ? After updation ?
Does the amazone prime video audio problem got solved ? does that dolby work perfectly ?
if it is still lagin, and hdr issues and all do i need to select this airtel xtreame box or any other ?
What do you people suggest... i am preparing for one
i Have
MI TV 4A PRO (43)
SONY HTRT40 Home theatre
What would be Your Suggestion ? Eagerly Waiting Siva abhishekofficial Roleplayer Rohann87 gowrishankar And to All

Let me ask you guys, After all reading this and several topics on Airtel xtream box,
did HDR problem got solve for permanently ? After updation ?
Does the amazone prime video audio problem got solved ? does that dolby work perfectly ?
if it is still lagin, and hdr issues and all do i need to select this airtel xtreame box or any other ?
What do you people suggest... i am preparing for one
i Have
MI TV 4A PRO (43)
SONY HTRT40 Home theatre
What would be Your Suggestion ? Eagerly Waiting Siva abhishekofficial Roleplayer Rohann87 gowrishankar And to All
In the latest FW update v2.2.3 they completely disabled the hdr feature. None of the OTT apps now support hdr. By the way picture quality is improved slightly. Amazon prime dolby issue is not just with airtel xstreambox. Its not an issue from airtel side i guess. To me its not just a good time to upgrade to xstreambox just for ott contents,hdr & atmos. If that is what you looking for I would better buy amazon fire stick. But if you are looking for a hybrid box then you have xstreambox or other choice too like tata binge plus.

In the latest FW update v2.2.3 they completely disabled the hdr feature. None of the OTT apps now support hdr. By the way picture quality is improved slightly. Amazon prime dolby issue is not just with airtel xstreambox. Its not an issue from airtel side i guess. To me its not just a good time to upgrade to xstreambox just for ott contents,hdr & atmos. If that is what you looking for I would better buy amazon fire stick. But if you are looking for a hybrid box then you have xstreambox or other choice too like tata binge plus.
thank you so much for the reply,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock