Discussion Fix PQ Issues on Airtel Xstream box due to HDR

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 169
  • Views: Views 83,061
I'm attaching a link for a YouTube video related to Apple 4K TV converting SDR content to HDR/Dolby Vision always by default initially leading to picture quality issues and colour issues and later how this was corrected to show SDR as SDR and HDR as HDR via an update.

I guess similar setting is also needed for Airtel Xstream stb and may be Tata Sky Binge plus stb where the picture is always shown as HDR for both HDR and SDR content.

I guess similar setting is also present in Amazon Fire stick 4K.

Source

Last edited:
I was having the same issue with my Mi TV 4a 43 inch.. But it got fixed with a software update that was pushed to my xstream box by the customer care guy. My current firmware version number after update is 2.2.2-20062914

C
I was having the same issue with my Mi TV 4a 43 inch.. But it got fixed with a software update that was pushed to my xstream box by the customer care guy. My current firmware version number after update is 2.2.2-20062914
Can u ple guide how to.do.that! I am facing same issue

First and foremost, this is definitely an issue with MiTV and the solution is also there.

Airtel Internet TV and Xstream Box do exactly the same thing functionally with the only exception being that Xstream Box has Alexa support and better interfaces compared to Internet TV STB.

However, Airtel never accepted a major issue that Internet TV had..which is that Internet TV STB was a prototype product not a finished one and was never tested properly. It used to hang, close, give error and never gave a smooth experience. So Xstream Box was nothing but a cover up of Internet TV hardware mistakes by Airtel with a new STB - Xstream. The Internet TV STB came with a one year warranty and Airtel never recognised the problem officially while all its installation engineers and on ground technicians in private acceptes said..Internet TV STB is a complete failure. So instead of upgrading Internet TV users officially..Airtel aunched Xstream and charged Rs. 2249/- extra. When in warranty they would replace Internet STB with another one and let customers suffer. Therefore, overall speaking it was a fraud against Internet TV STB users as they were made to suffer for Airtel's hardware mistake which they never accepted.

After one and half year of torture with Internet TV, and despite changing the STB within warranty, option for me was to either go with another DTH like Tata Sky/buy a Mi 4K box/Firestick or upgrade to Xstream STB for 2250.

Firestick/4K boxes cannot solve the problem of watching DTH content and Tata Sky would have been to square 1 after initial investment on Airtel.
So to cut my losses I upgraded.

But lo and behold, a new issue came up with regard to Picture quality. It was blurry and dark cours..Too dark and red. Pretty much what other guys faced/face. But thankfully, there was already a solution posted on this group.

THE SOLUTION: FIRMWARE UPGRADE.

Installed version of Xstream Firmware as of 2nd July 2020 was 1.0.9-19110817.

After upgrade the version became 2.2.2-20062914.

Process:
1) Call up Customer care and tell you TV is having PQ issues and I need firmware upgrade. They will say we will send a technician and you can say no need as the customer care needs to just enable the Firmware upgrade manually specific to you STB.
2) Call up local technical installation team (Always store the local technician's Phone no. for emergency issues). The local technician will say I will come but instead ask for his TSM/Team Manager's phone no.

Explain the issue to TSM and
send the photos of bad PQ on whatsapp and the following message..

*Non HDR TV - Mi TV 4*. Picture quality issue. It is not clear..And blurry.

Current Firmware is ...
1.0.9-19110817
Firmware upgrade needed..
2.2.2 -20062914 or latest version.

Attach the photo of your current firmware.

Your TSM may argue but insist that this was the same problem your friend faced and he has sent you the info/attached photo.

The Firmware upgrade will definitely solve the problem.

Airtel Xstream is a smooth STB with dual capabilities of DTH and OTT with direct buttons to jump to Netflix, Youtube and Prime Video. They missed hotstar but that's ok.

8NKP5L1.jpg

First and foremost, this is definitely an issue with MiTV and the solution is also there.

Airtel Internet TV and Xstream Box do exactly the same thing functionally with the only exception being that Xstream Box has Alexa support and better interfaces compared to Internet TV STB.

However, Airtel never accepted a major issue that Internet TV had..which is that Internet TV STB was a prototype product not a finished one and was never tested properly. It used to hang, close, give error and never gave a smooth experience. So Xstream Box was nothing but a cover up of Internet TV hardware mistakes by Airtel with a new STB - Xstream. The Internet TV STB came with a one year warranty and Airtel never recognised the problem officially while all its installation engineers and on ground technicians in private acceptes said..Internet TV STB is a complete failure. So instead of upgrading Internet TV users officially..Airtel aunched Xstream and charged Rs. 2249/- extra. When in warranty they would replace Internet STB with another one and let customers suffer. Therefore, overall speaking it was a fraud against Internet TV STB users as they were made to suffer for Airtel's hardware mistake which they never accepted.

After one and half year of torture with Internet TV, and despite changing the STB within warranty, option for me was to either go with another DTH like Tata Sky/buy a Mi 4K box/Firestick or upgrade to Xstream STB for 2250.

Firestick/4K boxes cannot solve the problem of watching DTH content and Tata Sky would have been to square 1 after initial investment on Airtel.
So to cut my losses I upgraded.

But lo and behold, a new issue came up with regard to Picture quality. It was blurry and dark cours..Too dark and red. Pretty much what other guys faced/face. But thankfully, there was already a solution posted on this group.

THE SOLUTION: FIRMWARE UPGRADE.

Installed version of Xstream Firmware as of 2nd July 2020 was 1.0.9-19110817.

After upgrade the version became 2.2.2-20062914.

Process:
1) Call up Customer care and tell you TV is having PQ issues and I need firmware upgrade. They will say we will send a technician and you can say no need as the customer care needs to just enable the Firmware upgrade manually specific to you STB.
2) Call up local technical installation team (Always store the local technician's Phone no. for emergency issues). The local technician will say I will come but instead ask for his TSM/Team Manager's phone no.

Explain the issue to TSM and
send the photos of bad PQ on whatsapp and the following message..

*Non HDR TV - Mi TV 4*. Picture quality issue. It is not clear..And blurry.

Current Firmware is ...
1.0.9-19110817
Firmware upgrade needed..
2.2.2 -20062914 or latest version.

Attach the photo of your current firmware.

Your TSM may argue but insist that this was the same problem your friend faced and he has sent you the info/attached photo.

The Firmware upgrade will definitely solve the problem.

Airtel Xstream is a smooth STB with dual capabilities of DTH and OTT with direct buttons to jump to Netflix, Youtube and Prime Video. They missed hotstar but that's ok.

Do we need to recharge additional / extra / other monthly pack except tv monthly pack for running android app on both the box...

Do we need to recharge additional / extra / other monthly pack except tv monthly pack for running android app on both the box...
You to need keep your DTH subscription active to watch OTT apps contents on Xtreme box. Minimum D2H charges would be 153/- per month.

I was in 2.2.2 version where as HDR working fine on my TV,but today it got automatically updated to 2.2.3 version where as HDR completely got removed and facing audio issues ,each and every time to get dolby audio on HT,i have to restart stb..pathetic

I was in 2.2.2 version where as HDR working fine on my TV,but today it got automatically updated to 2.2.3 version where as HDR completely got removed and facing audio issues ,each and every time to get dolby audio on HT,i have to restart stb..pathetic

Ping Them On Twitter Bro!

Explain Them In Detail!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock