Discussion Future of 4K in India

• Thread starter Zakhan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 64
  • Views: Views 19,354
Not launched on any platform for public.
Its an fta channel available for all those having c band Dish.

I heard a news some time back that it will be added to DD Freedish soon. May be it will be done once the iCAS STBs are launched and DDFD goes into encrypted telecast.

Regarding addition of this HD channel in private dth platforms, I am not sure about anything planned by DD. In my opinion, govt should instruct the dth companies and MSOs to include this HD channel in their platform and provide the channel free to their subscribers.

In 2017 we are at 89th with average speed 6 Mbps are you are dreaming about gigabyte internet

What was the india position before Jio.Also 4k is not for everyone.I have 8 Mbps connection of wishnet and it is bound to increase as rival alliance has already have 25 Mbps as minimum.I think you can stream 4k in 8mbps.

Also do anyone have idea of global linear 4k channel which are not event based.

There are full time 4k channels. Like Insight 4k channel. Also some Fashion TV channels are there. And Travel Xp 4k channel is being shown in some other territories apart from India. Many events are being brought in 4k across the globe. EPL and champions league matches are shown in UK and why can't STAR show it. Even SKY is showing select Test cricket matches in 4K.

What was the india position before Jio.Also 4k is not for everyone.I have 8 Mbps connection of wishnet and it is bound to increase as rival alliance has already have 25 Mbps as minimum.I think you can stream 4k in 8mbps.

Also do anyone have idea of global linear 4k channel which are not event based.

I am sure india's rank was higher in average speed before Jio as nobody was using data network bcoz of its high price and now price crashed so usage spiked which is taxing carrier's network resource.

Don't expect stable 8 Mbps cellular data on the move, it will work if you have broadband connection in home but India has only 1 crore(mostly in cities) such users compared to 25 crore 3G/4G users, broadband ISP in rural or semi urban areas will give you max 2-3 mbps at an affordable price and more than 5 mbps will have a price such that that majority people cannot afford that luxury.

Alliance is charging Rs1350+ 18%GST for 9 Mbps here, I am 99.99% sure nobody here(along with 5-6 nearby village) will pay that much price so majority are on Rs400+18%GST pack which gives just 2 Mbps and that too is shared with neighbours so that people have to pay less, so actual speed will go somewhere around 100-150 Kbps in real usage

I am sure india's rank was higher in average speed before Jio as nobody was using data network bcoz of its high price and now price crashed so usage spiked which is taxing carrier's network resource.

Don't expect stable 8 Mbps cellular data on the move, it will work if you have broadband connection in home but India has only 1 crore(mostly in cities) such users compared to 25 crore 3G/4G users, broadband ISP in rural or semi urban areas will give you max 2-3 mbps at an affordable price and more than 5 mbps will have a price such that that majority people cannot afford that luxury.

Alliance is charging Rs1350+ 18%GST for 9 Mbps here, I am 99.99% sure nobody here(along with 5-6 nearby village) will pay that much price so majority are on Rs400+18%GST pack which gives just 2 Mbps and that too is shared with neighbours so that people have to pay less, so actual speed will go somewhere around 100-150 Kbps in real usage

I don't think anywhere in the you will get streaming in 4k on mobile networks.T mobile in usa caps any streaming to 480p only.
Again i am saying 4k is not for every one.Alliance give 25 mbps in base pack in urban region only.They have very less users in Rural,so as others also.Also don't expect jio to give fiber to every village.
Also I think you will agree that there is no suitable content in 4k for Bengal rural area as most content is in English.Exception being sports.

In my view 4K will hit India soon and it would be from any new player. Just like new player Jio 4G launched true 4G services at very affordable price.

I am having subscription of Netflix which provides 4k stream and also have a 40 Mbps broadband but sadly, i do not have 4k TV.
4k content on dths will be a distant dream but we can expect streaming apps like Netflix and others push 4k streaming in India. I am already blown away by 1080p output of Netflix. Wonder what will happen in 4k..

I think by 2020 we will have few 4K channels mostly will be from sports, infotainment and English movie. Till then hope for Fifa world cup 2018 and cricket world cup 2019 to be in 4K. There is a huge problem, the format is driven mostly by movies but in case of 4K Bollywood still doesnt produce movies in 4K. Multiplexes do not have 4K projectors installed. Once Bollywood picks up we ll see a faster adoption of 4K.

I think by 2020 we will have few 4K channels mostly will be from sports, infotainment and English movie. Till then hope for Fifa world cup 2018 and cricket world cup 2019 to be in 4K. There is a huge problem, the format is driven mostly by movies but in case of 4K Bollywood still doesnt produce movies in 4K. Multiplexes do not have 4K projectors installed. Once Bollywood picks up we ll see a faster adoption of 4K.

SO Till 2020 No 4K Content's Available What About Net Geographic 4K & Travel XP 4K

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock