General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

Jithin91 said:
and in my tv i can select only Stereo as Audio option. DD & DD+ are greyed out

This is one of the ways "terms and conditions" fool people:
When the TV is receiving a 'TV' signal(Terrestrial or cable), the TV will send 5.1 CH sound to the home theater receiver. When the source is a digital component such as a DVD / Blu-ray player / STB satellite receiver and is connected to the TV via HDMI, only 2 CH audio will be heard from the receiver.

Tha.RP8 said:
When the TV is receiving a 'TV' signal(Terrestrial or cable), the TV will send 5.1 CH sound to the home theater receiver. When the source is a digital component such as a DVD / Blu-ray player / STB satellite receiver and is connected to the TV via HDMI, only 2 CH audio will be heard from the receiver.

I'm also using sony LED 2014 model. and in my TV, sound is always Stereo. I can't change it. though it supports DD sound as per brochure.

ilikered said:
Yeah, it's not possible to control volume on STB with DD or DD+ bro.

TV not showing DD/DD+ is an issue. It should show if it's supported since you connected via HDMI port. Try resetting if that's Ok with you. If that doesn't work, check with Sony CC again.

also i have connected my STB to 2nd HDMI Port. My 1st HDMI Port only supports ARC.. Will this be a problem

Tha.RP8 said:
When the TV is receiving a 'TV' signal(Terrestrial or cable), the TV will send 5.1 CH sound to the home theater receiver. When the source is a digital component such as a DVD / Blu-ray player / STB  satellite receiver and is connected to the TV via HDMI, only 2 CH audio will be heard from the  receiver.

So you are saying to get 5.1 audio i should connect tv to an external speaker. DVD/Bluray/STB will output only in 2 channel even if tv itself supports 5.1

Optimus_Prime said:
I'm also using sony LED 2014 model. and in my TV, sound is always Stereo. I can't change it. though it supports DD sound as per brochure.

same here 2016 model. DD part is grayed out.

Jithin91 said:
also i have connected my STB to 2nd HDMI Port. My 1st HDMI Port only supports ARC.. Will this be a problem
Try the hdmi arc port once.

Jithin91 said:
So you are saying to get 5.1 audio i should connect tv to an external speaker. DVD/Bluray/STB will output only in 2 channel even if tv itself supports 5.1

In my tv, it supports native dolby only for 'tv', I use ht for dolby. so I think same case for you also. . What is your tv BTW?

Tha.RP8 said:
Try the hdmi arc port once.

In my tv, it supports native dolby only for 'tv', I use ht for dolby. so I think same case for you also. . What is your tv BTW?

will try hdmi arc. i told the airtel technician who came to install the STB, we can connect it in first port. TV is wall mount and 1st port is in back side of the TV. He told me there is no need to take the TV, we will connect in side port.

TV is Sony 32W562D - 2016 Model

Jithin91 said:
will try hdmi arc. i told the airtel technician who came to install the STB, we can connect it in first port. TV is wall mount and 1st port is in back side of the TV. He told me there is no need to take the TV, we will connect in side port.

TV is Sony 32W562D - 2016 Model

Bro, DD passes through ARC. So connect in first port then check in TV settings...:tup

nithinricks85 said:
Will Mtunes HD be readded if the broadcaster launches the channel again?

MIB of India cancelled his licence due to security issues .. So no chance atleast on same name from same venture :) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock