General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,180
A channel needs to have good viewership or deep pockets to pay Carreige fee
I don't think that the FTA news channels that airtel adds have good viewership & they're providing those channels in complementary pack also so no chance of carriage fee also.
What's the benefit in adding those FTA channels which will be activated on everyone's account?

Tata Sky provided Dongle with DVR is software locked so it works with Tata Sky STBs only.

Long back i experimented to unlock it via flashing different software available for the model online. Guess the product is made by Huawei (if my memory works correctly) and flashing different f/w that made the dongle detect on my PC but Wifi didn't worked so i reverted any changes and using on my TS STB only.

Its during 2013, so i don't have original manufacturer firmware saved anymore locally. You need to dig little more by now as informations available for that dongle might be outdated now and might not support modern standards.

Thanks for letting me know this Bapun bro. I always had this thought on my mind that Tata Sky will never allow its accessories to be used for other purposes, they always adopt one tactic or other to keep devices locked onto their network. Wonder what loss would have been caused if they did not lock the dongle thru software, it is not something which would have made them lose subscriber. By the way dongle does work on tata sky at present hence it is compatible with technical requirements, my airtel stb is also 4 or 5 years old hence would have worked with it too if not locked.

You ask them about Spanish channels. You'll get the same reply.

I will only believe that this is their template reply if on asking about providing Playboy TV or Adult Channels similar worded response is received , till this happens i give benefit of doubt and guess after few months of research (part of always "ongoing process") by marketing team to guage subscriber interest they will add some channels

Last edited:
I don't think that the FTA news channels that airtel adds have good viewership & they're providing those channels in complementary pack also so no chance of carriage fee also.
What's the benefit in adding those FTA channels which will be activated on everyone's account?

Choco b if a channel has sizable demand or viewership then an operator most definitely adds it, in most of these cases demand is from more than 20% subscribers or even incase of regional channels it is slightly less then carriage fee can be given as per rules.

While FTA channels which have hardly any demand or want to get maximum reach, they pay special carriage fee to get on platform and get placed in packs. All channels part of complimentary pack are paying hefty fee for this same reason out of their own will, don't confuse it with official laid down policy for carriage fee.

There r hardly few examples of FTA channels which will command popularity for operators to add it on its own choice, even if this happens still such channel will pay carriage to gain more eyeballs. Dangal fits perfectly in this bracket, it is watched by large no. of people but still pays to operator

One of my account is in suspended state. I recharged for 200 last night and it still isn't reflecting. CC says, they are facing technical issues since last night. I'm only getting error code 14. Pathetic.

I called CC again and they were still saying the systems are down...bla bla bla. I have blasted them like anything.

I recharged for another 300 just now, and selected the pack in self care, AGAIN. Now the channels are coming. The 200 recharge I have done yesterday isn't reflecting in my account, CC took a complaint for this.

Back
Top Bottom