General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,183
@Gobinaath bro, could you please let me know, if I do not recharge my ADTV and balance becomes zero, then how long do I have to recharge again? When is it considered to be a "suspended" connection and if so, what are the charges to reactivate again?

I want to know the duration it can be kept "without recharge", else I will put in Safe Custody / Temporary Deactivation as advised by you in your post:
DDF Exclusive - Customers Can use Temporary Deactivate Scheme for their Airtel Digital TV Account

Last edited:
@Gobinaath bro, could you please let me know, if I do not recharge my ADTV and balance becomes zero, then how long do I have to recharge again? When is it considered to be a "suspended" connection and if so, what are the charges to reactivate again?

I want to know the duration it can be kept "without recharge", else I will put in Safe Custody / Temporary Deactivation as advised by you in your post:
DDF Exclusive - Customers Can use Temporary Deactivate Scheme for their Airtel Digital TV Account
It's purely based on how long u going to kept idle bro

Total break up for buying remote control?

Customer care mention Rs 50 for remote and Rs 100 for service charge, and Rs 50 will be deducted from the account.

Received a Call from local airtel guys, they want service code to close the complaint and 150 for service charge and 125 for the remote.

The ignorant customer told to them, customer care told it was Rs 150/- should we call back!

Now got an SMS: Service charge Rs 100 is debited from the digitalTV account.

airtel customer care told Rs 50 now Rs 100

Now how much should have to pay to service Engineer, when he comes tomorrow???

note: Now getting 3 to 5 SPAM message in a span of 4 hours even though DND is activated.:censored:

Last edited:

Customer care mention Rs 50 for remote and Rs 100 for service charge, and Rs 50 will be deducted from the account.

Received a Call from local airtel guys, they want service code to close the complaint and 150 for service charge and 125 for the remote.

The ignorant customer told to them, customer care told it was Rs 150/- should we call back!

note: Now getting 3 to 5 SPAM message in a span of 4 hours even though DND is activated.:censored:
No service charge for remote replacement AFAIK.

All deductions happen from account itself, this is to eradicate chances of fraudulent or wrong payment collection by technicians. Check ur account again bhai, total deduction will be of correct amount and break up will be mentioned clearly.

Hi, will Airtel take away STB upon disconnection? Any way to disconnect, retain STB and prevent Airtel service engineers from entering the premise? Thanks.

For few months now, my Airtel DTH account shows the Balance and Validity correctly on the website (Selfcare) but on the TV account it is wrong. Should I do anything? I am on LDP and don't want to do anything to risk losing it

Hi, will Airtel take away STB upon disconnection? Any way to disconnect, retain STB and prevent Airtel service engineers from entering the premise? Thanks.

Brother, if u r intending to dismantle dish, pack the stb and not use connection then also no one will come to ur home to collect all equipments. Do not worry, even though on Subscriber Acquisition Form it reads that all things r property of airtel and have to be given back on disconnection but it is only applied if subscriber tells them surrender cconnection.

Just relax and as Choco bro said that u can keep account in suspended state or if u want to ditch it permanently then try to use give it to some person by taking Transfer of Ownership option.

On a lighter note, dth technicians r in hurry to close complaints and already have shortage of time hence searching for suspended connection or entering to take it away is last thing which will come on their mind. But do not share ur plan with any technicians as some might come with fake excuse of being sent by airtel to collect dish and sell it in market or install it at discounted rate on some other premise. :)

It's purely based on how long u going to kept idle bro
Could you provide details, bro? Eg: If I dont recharge for 10 days post expiry, and then I recharge, will it be without any additional costs?
Same question for 1 month, 2 months?

Back
Top Bottom