General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,769
  • Views Views: Views 4,015,536
Customer Care (LCN 121) removed from XStream Box, SD and HD STB subscribers please confirm if u r still able to watch it

I think information being updated on this channel and it will b re-added soon. We might get notified on it about possible LCN realignment and implementation of 4 Digit LCN which has been pending for long.

@Vadirocks anna can u please again confirm with ur sources as to what new changes / things can we expect to b introduced soon on Airtel Digital TV platform

Customer Care (LCN 121) removed from XStream Box, SD and HD STB subscribers please confirm if u r still able to watch it

I think information being updated on this channel and it will b re-added soon. We might get notified on it about possible LCN realignment and implementation of 4 Digit LCN which has been pending for long.

@Vadirocks anna can u please again confirm with ur sources as to what new changes / things can we expect to b introduced soon on Airtel Digital TV platform

Adding to the above information, just now observed that Airtel SD Home channel (LCN 98) is now available on my Airtel XStream Box.

When channel realignment is done then Epic Channel, DD India, Dangal 2, Bindass would also be shifted to the correct genre in the EPG listing

Both broadcaster and DTH or cable operator must accept the deal to add a particular channel, after that testing of channel will start and the testing will happen for some time and the channel will be finally added.

Realignment possible only after nto implementation

It is not necessary to wait until NTO 2.0 rollout for implementing channel number realignment process, same can b done anytime...just that Airtel Digital TV will have keep the channels in same sequence /order so as to comply with current slab rules for which they have signed RIO agreement with various broadcasters.

Airtel Digital TV may consider doing LCN realignment and new NTO 2.0 agreement signing simultaneously but then again they still would have to shift many channels to new LCN as channel slots need to be freed up immediately in certain genres like Hindi Movies, Devotional, Hindi News....also certain channels need to shifted ahead to accommodate channels in a particular sequence like for example if Airtel Digital TV wants to add NewsX then Wion, CNBC TV18, ET Now, NDTV Profit would have to moved ahead to add NewsX at LCN 395 but again if after few days they need to add 4 or 5 international news channels then issue shortage of LCN slots will again arise hence i am of the opinion that in next 2 or 3 weeks they will start to implement LCN realignment process in a phased manner & this would most likely come alongwith adoption of 4 Digit LCN format

Back
Top Bottom