General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

EPG problem has become worse from last night. Hope they not just rectify the issue but improve it. Many times EPG is not accurate in some channels. They should display accurate and more descriptive EPG like Tata Play. EPG is from broadcasters. I don't know how is there a difference between Airtel and Tata Play ? Airtel must be getting a different EPG feed. If broadcasters can provide more descriptive EPG to Tata Play, they must be able to give it to Airtel also. Airtel should look into it.

Last edited:
EPG problem has become worse from last night. Hope they not just rectify the issue but improve it. Many times EPG is not accurate in some channels. They should display accurate and more descriptive EPG like Tata Play. EPG is from broadcasters. I don't know how is there a difference between Airtel and Tata Play ? Airtel must be getting a different EPG feed. If broadcasters can provide more descriptive EPG to Tata Play, they must be able to give it to Airtel also. Airtel should look into it.

EPG is not provided directly to operators from broadcaster side, there r vendors hired by operators which provide EPG listing of different channels to them. This is why there is a difference although on Airtel Digital TV Platform too EPG program listing is very accurate and dynamic too as it changes if there r last minute changes in content scheduling from broadcaster end

There might be some backend technical work going on which is causing this issue and hopefully will be resolved shortly by Team Airtel Digital TV

EPG is not provided directly to operators from broadcaster side, there r vendors hired by operators which provide EPG listing of different channels to them. This is why there is a difference although on Airtel Digital TV Platform too EPG program listing is very accurate and dynamic too as it changes if there r last minute changes in content scheduling from broadcaster end

There might be some backend technical work going on which is causing this issue and hopefully will be resolved shortly by Team Airtel Digital TV
Bro, every broadcaster will have EPG. Even the third party vendors should be getting it from broadcasters only. I don't know why operators will hire some third party vendors to provide EPG when only broadcaster can give accurate and more descriptive EPG. There is something wrong in this process at Airtel. I have seen many times that EPG is either not available or displaying a different programme than the one actually runs. As I said before, I'll be happy if they not just rectify the issue this time but make some geniune effort to improve, like they have been taking in many aspects currently and ensure this doesn't happen in future.

Last edited:
Bro, every broadcaster will have EPG. Even the third party vendors should be getting it from broadcasters only. I don't know why operators will hire some third party vendors to provide EPG when only broadcaster can give accurate and more descriptive EPG. There is something wrong in this process at Airtel. I have seen many times that EPG is either not available or displaying a different programme than the one actually runs. As I said before, I'll be happy if they not just rectify the issue this time but make some geniune effort to improve, like they have been taking in many aspects currently and ensure this doesn't happen in future.
bro may i know which channel epg you find wrong coz
zee bangla hd zee tv hd and sports channels epg correct till now i said above channels as i watch these channels hence i knew about these channels epg

yes just checked no info showing most of the channels

but yesterday when i checked no problem of that 😅

Last edited:
bro may i know which channel epg you find wrong coz
zee bangla hd zee tv hd and sports channels epg correct till now i said above channels as i watch these channels hence i knew about these channels epg

yes just checked no info showing most of the channels

but yesterday when i checked no problem of that 😅
Mainly I observe wrong EPG in infotainment channels bro. Sometimes my nephew observe this in kids channels also. Sometimes programme order is correct but the timing gets messed up in the set top box and hence displays incorrect EPG. EPG not available issue, many times bro. I have even lost the count.

Mainly I observe wrong EPG in infotainment channels bro. Sometimes my nephew observe this in kids channels also. Sometimes programme order is correct but the timing gets messed up in the set top box and hence displays incorrect EPG. EPG not available issue, many times bro. I have even lost the count.
Ya history tv18 sd epg you should never belive i found that channel eog everytime wrong for that you can relay on history tv18 hd channel epg
As per kids cn hd hungama and super hungama epg is right others can't say

There is no mechanism to get EPG listing directly from various broadcasters and upload the same on their system . Operators have tie up with vendors which source EPG listing from various broadcasters and feed it in the system of the operators thru digital mode. It is basically an outsourced work for easier management and other reasons.

Airtel Digital TV will fix the EPG issue soon, some technical glitch or upgradation work would be causing this temporary problem. Wait for few more days and it will get resolved

Anyone pls can tell me the simple way that i dont know wht is the issue of nto. can anybody tell me in simple words what will the impact on coustomer it's monthly rental increase or decrease? And how impact on generally North indian Family

Anyone pls can tell me the simple way that i dont know wht is the issue of nto. can anybody tell me in simple words what will the impact on coustomer it's monthly rental increase or decrease? And how impact on generally North indian Family
Increase in price..check the new price of the channels and also check the new airtel packs price. Btw which pack you are using? What channels you watch?

I recently didn't active on forrum I have just subscribe 4-5 hindi movie channel Or 1sports channel and fta ncf

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock