General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,740
  • Views Views: Views 4,008,189
Yes. Airtel app is bad and is getting worse. For pack changes they are making customers call them every time. While we still have a workaround like below,
it is still inconvenient. Good app should be their top priority now. It is affecting many customers. I think, presently they are surviving only because of competitive DPO packs, presence of majority of channels on platform and good PQ & AQ. With this horrible app and increasing customer inconvenience, it will only be a matter of time for them to start losing business.

Airtel App is working absolutely fine , it is just that they have stopped access to old User Interface and now only new Interface is accessible barring the workaround way which may also soon be blocked. As far as broadcaster bouquets not being available to Airtel Black customers or some other customers, that is not a glitch but Airtel has deliberately removed those and renamed that section as "Language Packs" in new app update.

I would also like to share that in DTH section if u press "Update Account " tab then click "Go To Home Page" option it will take you to old interface main page.

Regarding Airtel Digital TV still being leading player in DTH segment and continuosly showing good growth it is bcoz of various reasons like Great Audio+Video Quality, Good Range of Diverse Affordable DPO Bouquets and other discounts on NCF, Benefits Offered as Part of Airtel Black DTH Combo Plans, Aftersales Support & Providing Different Mediums for Self Help (making changes in account) , Wide Range of Channels alongwith Good Quality Hardware for All Box Types etc.

Airtel App is working absolutely fine , it is just that they have stopped access to old User Interface and now only new Interface is accessible barring the workaround way which may also soon be blocked. As far as broadcaster bouquets not being available to Airtel Black customers or some other customers, that is not a glitch but Airtel has deliberately removed those and renamed that section as "Language Packs" in new app update.

I would also like to share that in DTH section if u press "Update Account " tab then click "Go To Home Page" option it will take you to old interface main page.

Regarding Airtel Digital TV still being leading player in DTH segment and continuosly showing good growth it is bcoz of various reasons like Great Audio+Video Quality, Good Range of Diverse Affordable DPO Bouquets and other discounts on NCF, Benefits Offered as Part of Airtel Black DTH Combo Plans, Aftersales Support & Providing Different Mediums for Self Help (making changes in account) , Wide Range of Channels alongwith Good Quality Hardware for All Box Types etc.
Please don't say that the app is working fine. See below screenshot of my pack details.
2PPMG81.png

Plan expired on a future date? The expiry date is correct but why showing expired? 😂
I'm already on the latest version of the app.

Also, please show the screenshot of the app page where broadcaster bouquets are listed in so called 'Language Packs' section as I'm unable to find it. I'm on a semi-annual pack.

I don't understand what makes think that people unnecessarily bring something which is not a problem at all. It doesn't matter if they are having buggy app by their conscious decision or not. Tell me why should we tolerate this buggy app despite paying for their service ? They are not providing the service for free. Also, if this is a tactical business decision according to you, who this is for ? This doesn't help anyone. This is definitely not for customer and it doesn't help them generate more revenue as well. BTW, you are still yet to confirm whether Xstream box support remote schedule recording.

Last edited:

Bro I used to admire your posts once. Now I don't even read your posts. Every time someone shares their view about Airtel or Tata sky, you simply jump with your thesis which is very annoying. It's time you take a break. One can support a brand but not like you. Please stop blindly supporting Airtel for everything. Airtel is one unethical money sucking company. You agree or disagree, they try to make money in all unethical ways. So stop supporting blindly.

Today my bro's kids wanted to watch tv, internet stopped working due to floods in Chennai. So we turned on DTH and recharged.

Tried to login to app to enable kids channels, but there's no broadcaster packs.

Tried website, it asks to download app. Seriously???

Called CC, they're sending a video link to watch and enable myself.

Watched it, but there's no option in app.

For a small channel addition why do I have to suffer like this.

I'm not watching the DTH for free. They get the same amount as Tata sky. The same process is seamless in Tata Sky.

So I repeat, please stop replying to everyone who shares their views about Airtel.

If you are happy, be happy.

Bro I used to admire your posts once. Now I don't even read your posts. Every time someone shares their view about Airtel or Tata sky, you simply jump with your thesis which is very annoying. It's time you take a break. One can support a brand but not like you. Please stop blindly supporting Airtel for everything. Airtel is one unethical money sucking company. You agree or disagree, they try to make money in all unethical ways. So stop supporting blindly.

Today my bro's kids wanted to watch tv, internet stopped working due to floods in Chennai. So we turned on DTH and recharged.

Tried to login to app to enable kids channels, but there's no broadcaster packs.

I'm not watching the DTH for free. They get the same amount as Tata sky. The same process is seamless in Tata Sky.

So I repeat, please stop replying to everyone who shares their views about Airtel.

Bro i am not sure bouquets available or not for xstrem users but check old posts of this thread u get info about airtel app current app not have bouquets i am also using old airtel app

Just try to download my airtel app from mi store instead of play store hope you get broadcaster bouquets

Bro i am not sure bouquets available or not for xstrem users but check old posts of this thread u get info about airtel app current app not have bouquets i am also using old airtel app

Just try to download my airtel app from mi store instead of play store hope you get broadcaster bouquets
I saw those posts just now bro. But think of a common person who does not read all these workarounds. It is a mental agony. Think of the Customer care who get unnecessary ranting from customers. If Airtel wants everything to be done by the app, it has be customer friendly and bug free.

I saw those posts just now bro. But think of a common person who does not read all these workarounds. It is a mental agony. Think of the Customer care who get unnecessary ranting from customers. If Airtel wants everything to be done by the app, it has be customer friendly and bug free.
💯% agree on this.. now I'm at my parents and do twitching thier packs for best value in all channels.. got many issues and bugs on this points...cc worthless, app is horrible.. they need to fix this to have a good reputation like tp... I know about the trick to access Broadcaster packs so it wasn't that much inconvenient to me.

Anna, 1stly this is a forum hence all members r free to discuss or share views about topic of their interest....what is important is that whatever is said should be based on neutral viewpoint and having a rationale logic / proof.

Now coming to the above post u have quoted, i just mentioned the facts that Airtel Digital TV indeed has stopped providing option to subscribe broadcaster bouquets to Airtel Black Customers ....now why this has happened is what u should ask Airtel or TRAI.....i never said this is right thing to do, all i tried to highlight was that this step has been taken by Airtel and it is not any bug or glitch as me & other members thought about it few months back. All companies adopt certain policies for different plans or segment of customers, question is what they r implementing abides by regulations laid down by the concerned authority or goes against it, for this u need to reach out to TRAI in this case.

Lastly i always have advocated for sharing pros and cons of any company as they stand at a any given point and share feedback with company with a hope that corrective measures r taken....this applies to all companies as none can offer complete satisfaction in all aspects to an individual / customer and there is always scope for improvement.

Please i again request that don't put allegations of me being biased or anti any company which has not been and will not be the case ever, i just try to share true information. I feel happy helping others :)

Back
Top Bottom