General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,731
  • Views Views: Views 4,005,034
Forgot to share here 😴 I have downloaded yesterday itself 😅
Airtel plans has been updated yesterday , few channels like sports 18-2 & sports 18-3 has been included in some plans.

Screenshot-2024-08-01-12-59-14-745-com-microsoft-emmx.png

Sensing arrival of pending Viacom18 HD channels in next few days/weeks..... Either LCN Realignment will happen before that or could be that Airtel has renewed / updated RIO agreement with various broadcasters and arrived at a consensus/signed on for various slabs in each RIO (channel sequence order for each broadcaster across various genres as decided while signing RIO agreement) wherein with minor changes in channel number numbers it will be possible to add pending HD channels without violating broadcaster RIO agreement of any broadcaster

So noticed that many FTA news channels which got removed from Airtel Digital TV Platform in last few weeks they were all added on Tata Play platform during same time period....seems like due to limited carriage fee budget these channels make transition as far as availability on a DTH Platform is concerned..... As far as traget audience is concerned i feel Airtel Digital TV would have given these much better reach to their target audience as compared to Tata Play

@Vadirocks @Devaraj V Would you be able to help me with this? Or do you know anyone who can help me with this?

Airtel CC isn’t of much help. This is the last resort for me.

Don’t have much in me to waste my time on Airtel’s issues. I’d switch to Tata play even though that is a sinking ship and me still having 550rs balance in Airtel.
Continuing from above, this now brings us to yet another instance of Airtel stifling customer choice.

After removing all channels via CC, now I try to create a new subscription again but can't select HD channels in the alacarte list anymore.

Screenshot-20240808-021741-Airtel.jpg

Screenshot-20240808-021629-Airtel-2.jpg

TRAI selector portal also doesn't work adding to more woes.

Sadly Airtel's competitors are also going downhill so there's no real alternative. Can't teach my grandparents cord cutting at this age and local LCO does not allow customising packs like DTHs allow. so I'm stuck with Airtel for now

Continuing with this insanity, I tried dialling their IVR number for all channels I wanted to add and then their ridiculous SMS response baffles me.

@Vadirocks @Devaraj V Would you be able to help me with this? Or do you know anyone who can help me with this?

Don’t have much in me to waste my time on Airtel’s issues. I’d switch to Tata play even though that is a sinking ship and me still having 550rs balance in Airtel.
Call the customer care number and request the executive to transfer ur call to their floor supervisor... It seems due to a technical issue HD A La Carte channels r not visible / listed in ur account , the senior team leader will instantly resolve the issue over the call itself.

I too faced a similar issue 2 years back when many channels were not visible / listed in the A La Carte section on Airtel App, floor supervisor checked and confirmed that as my DTH Account was placed under an incorrect category hence this issue had happened post which he corrected the same within few minutes

DM Me Your Customer ID Bro!

Let Me Try From Dealer App!

Back
Top Bottom