General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,767
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,494
nithinricks85 said:
Today when I checked...Iam not getting HBO Hits HD .Iam in mega standard pack with Max HD 160 migration topup.I was getting HBO Hits HD till two days back
What's MAX HD 160...? :huh

Airtel Digital TV Deploys Harmonic Headend To Improve HD Quality And Reduce Costs

Airtel Digital TV, the direct-to-home arm of Bharti Airtel, has deployed a compression headend solution from Harmonic to increase bandwidth efficiencies and significantly improve HD video quality while lowering operating expenses and total cost of ownership. The deployment enables Airtel Digital TV to expand its high-definition portfolio to over 50 premium channels, making it one of the largest HD bouquets in India today.
At the heart of the headend solution is Harmonic's Electra X2 advanced media processor, which enables high-quality, low-bandwidth MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding of SD and HD video content for live DTH services. Powered by the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine, the Electra X2 media processors support a wide range of video formats and codecs for satellite delivery, including HEVC. This simplifies operations and future upgrades for Bharti Airtel, the companies note.
The Electra X2 media processors will be integrated with Harmonic's ProStream 9100 stream processor and ProView 7100 integrated receiver-decoder (IRD) at Airtel Digital TV. This solution is controlled by Harmonic's NMX video network management solution. The new headend caters for decoding, descrambling and multiplexing of multiple transport streams, MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 transcoding and statistical multiplexing.
"Harmonic's compression solution allows Airtel Digital TV to deliver superior video quality at low bit rates while adapting to next-generation video compression standards such as HEVC," explains Dan Taylor, General Manager, India, at Harmonic. "Our video infrastructure solutions help customers like Airtel Digital TV reduce OpEx and drive new business growth by simplifying the launch of additional HD channels."
Airtel Digital TV deploys Harmonic headend to improve HD quality and reduce costs | VideoNet

nithinricks85 said:
Max HD 160 migration topup

I understood that it's a migration top up.. but how can u get 'max HD' for 160/-.... 225/- is the minimum price for max HD & 249/- for south max HD...

Max HD has variable price based on base pack. Airtel will soon implement it and some users will get even lower rate. Think of this as Airtel's response to TS's Rs.90 HD acess fee offer.

iphifi said:
Max HD has variable price based on base pack. Airtel will soon implement it and some users will get even lower rate. Think of this as Airtel's  response to TS's Rs.90 HD acess fee offer.

Iam paying 646 per month including the Kerala 3Hd at 30 rupees per month

I was not getting Asianet HD for 1 month and its free was for all the users...Then after a month I started getting Asianet HD .

nithinricks85 said:
Iam paying 646 per month including the Kerala 3Hd at 30 rupees per month

Ask them to change it from Max Hd 160 to MAX HD Ker Rs.160. You will get the Kerala channels and HBO hits HD but may lose SWP and some more as many topups are not yet updated. Enquire about channels because multiple topups with same name exists.

iphifi said:
Ask them to change it from Max Hd 160 to MAX HD Ker Rs.160. You will get the Kerala channels and HBO hits HD but may lose SWP and some more as many topups are not yet updated. Enquire about channels because multiple topups with same name exists.
Can u pl list all the channels available in both these max hd top ups..

Iam happy with my present pack...I just put the status as I was not getting a channel I was getting...HBO Hits I don't watch also they don't put good movies

Back
Top Bottom