Discussion General discussion about Movies

UTV has good quality content meant for niche audience. If Disney wants to make money from these amazing content. Either release it on Disney+. Or let Netflix which has become a dumping ground for crappy bollywood movies which can redeem itself.

UTV motion pictures Shelved and Unreleased movies
Disney can Release these movies in Hotstar
But why Disney not Releasing these big Star movies in theatre or OTT ?

vygO7Jt.jpg

@Rd22 bro! I can't say much about other movies. SHOEBITE was delayed due to copyright infringement as FOX and M. Night Shyamalan who at the time of release stopped it with the condition it should not be released until M. Night Shyamalan releases his for FOX. Now they cam work out these as UTV & Fox are owned by Disney only.

I guess most them which are completed will be in legal processings, if they can be released directly on Hotstar or not. UdayShankar is a smart dude, if can get 4-5 movies out of a dead studio he will take them happily. We have to wait and see when Star will have any updates on them.

UTV has good quality content meant for niche audience. If Disney wants to make money from these amazing content. Either release it on Disney+. Or let Netflix which has become a dumping ground for crappy bollywood movies which can redeem itself.
@Rd22 bro! I can't say much about other movies. SHOEBITE was delayed due to copyright infringement as FOX and M. Night Shyamalan who at the time of release stopped it with the condition it should not be released until M. Night Shyamalan releases his for FOX. Now they cam work out these as UTV & Fox are owned by Disney only.

I guess most them which are completed will be in legal processings, if they can be released directly on Hotstar or not. UdayShankar is a smart dude, if can get 4-5 movies out of a dead studio he will take them happily. We have to wait and see when Star will have any updates on them.
Yes we should wait for sometimes for these movies update
But Sad that all popular known Actors and Directors involved in these movies
Gulabo Sitabo Director Shoojit Sircar, Amithab Bachchan, John Abraham,David Dhawan and more actors there in these movies

Last edited:
Kalank :budget 150 Cr,
Total collection :146 Cr (world wide)
Hindi medium :budget 14 Cr,
Total collection 322 Cr (world wide)
Conclusion - big budget and huge cast movies doesn't mean that they are always good, sometimes, they can be disasters like kalank, what matters is good content of the movie rather than huge cast and budget. There are movies similar to hindi medium like badla, sonu ke titu ki sweety etc
And sometimes good movies like tumbaad, kamyaab, Newton, Section 375,hume tumse pyar kitna deserved more at box office but didn't got much attention due to lack of big cast

Last edited:
After watching RATSASAN

many suspense thriller movie looking just OK for Me

Rangi Taranga
Tadam Super
Theeran
Mayavan
U Turn
Seen two to three movies more not remembered the namw now...

Please suggest equal quality of Ratsasan Movie

Hollywood movies not required

Lol, boycott Karan Johar's movies is trending on twitter. Haven't audience already done the same after Student of the Year 2 and Kalank. Only watchable movie from Dharma recently was Guilty as it released on OTT. Even that was exhausting to watch. Fortunately it was tolerable for me because of acting skills of new younger unknown talents who deserved theatre over Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock