Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Private-Satellite-TV-Channels-permitted-in-India-in-the-last-five-years-are-as-under.jpg

The ministry of information and broadcasting (MIB) has granted 258 new TV channel licences in the last five financial years between FY 2014-15 till FY 2018-19. The ministry has also withdrawn 102 licences in the last five years.

MIB granted 258 new TV channel licences, revoked 102 between FY15-19 - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

Vh1 HD is not having Dolby Audio hence i believe purposefully Viacom18 has kept audio quality of SD feed quite poor, maybe an attempt to make more people opt for HD.

Also Sony Wah is again back on forum, just few weeks back they changed on screen display language from Hindi to English and as i interpret the result of this move has made them grab back their lost target audience base. Most south indian friends do understand hindi but cannot read it hence this is smart move by Sony after exiting Free Dish.

Previously Sony Wah was present on Free Dish which has subscribers mostly in Hindi Speaking Belt , amongst this mass oriented base there is huge following for dubbed south indian cinema specially in western and central parts of India , this meant Sony Wah was able to get high traction even though not only content was same but all information was displayed in Hindi. Now being on private platforms their main target audience base will come from south india which lead to making this strategic shift.

Now being on private platforms their main target audience base will come from south india which lead to making this strategic shift.
What will make South people want to watch Sony Wah compared to channels in their own language like KTV, Gemini Movies, etc.? :huh:

Vh1 HD is not having Dolby Audio hence i believe purposefully Viacom18 has kept audio quality of SD feed quite poor, maybe an attempt to make more people opt for HD.

Also Sony Wah is again back on forum, just few weeks back they changed on screen display language from Hindi to English and as i interpret the result of this move has made them grab back their lost target audience base. Most south indian friends do understand hindi but cannot read it hence this is smart move by Sony after exiting Free Dish.

Previously Sony Wah was present on Free Dish which has subscribers mostly in Hindi Speaking Belt , amongst this mass oriented base there is huge following for dubbed south indian cinema specially in western and central parts of India , this meant Sony Wah was able to get high traction even though not only content was same but all information was displayed in Hindi. Now being on private platforms their main target audience base will come from south india which lead to making this strategic shift.
It's weird I use to subscribe to Sony Wah because they use to air hindi movies than South Indian movies.

What will make South people want to watch Sony Wah compared to channels in their own language like KTV, Gemini Movies, etc.? :huh:

They enjoy double the fun. Watching in native language as well as in Hindi. Bollywood Viewers subscribe hindi movie channels and watch content on OTT :)

But to be precise, just like we watch same movie on different channels or watch an english movie and then watch dubbed version on Star Gold or UTV Action... Same goes for other language audiences too. Some Bollywood Movies r dubbed and shown on South Indian channels too but we cannot watch bcoz of not knowing language. I am seriously thinking of learning the language wherein channels show dubbed bollywood movies, southern friends please help. :)

Already i have not taken majority of hindi movie channels in my account as they r just showing boring and repeated stuff. They r neither acquiring good bollywood movies or dubbed movies. All they r doing is filling time with limited or sub standard stuff. TRAI has helped me save lots of money, have opted for movie channels which cost just Re. 2 or 3 or even less and for major premieres i take other channels only on temporary basis. Above all Star India completely removed songs from many movies they telecast, given up requesting them not to do so. :(

It's weird I use to subscribe to Sony Wah because they use to air hindi movies than South Indian movies.

But u or bollywood audience is not primary target group for max or wah channel.

Another weird thing is obsession with Khiladi tag in names of dubbed south indian movies by distributors... Not only this but they go on adding 1, 2, 3,4, 5 etc. at end even though concerned movies r not connected or sequels. I find it odd how audience accepts this, even i love some south indian movies but all r not good or even worse than bollywood. There r soooo many great bollywood films which these channels do not try to add to their library and it saddens me most

But u or bollywood audience is not primary target group for max or wah channel.

Another weird thing is obsession with Khiladi tag in names of dubbed south indian movies by distributors... Not only this but they go on adding 1, 2, 3,4, 5 etc. at end even though concerned movies r not connected or sequels. I find it odd how audience accepts this, even i love some south indian movies but all r not good or even worse than bollywood. There r soooo many great bollywood films which these channels do not try to add to their library and it saddens me most
This is a tactic done by Goldmines Telefilms which distributes all the Telugu movies. As I wrote:
Of all the movies on Sony Max or Star Gold (Zee Cinema, not so much), at least half have the number 2, 3, etc. (such as Sarrainodu 2). However, very few Telugu films have any sequels. Totally unrelated movies are passed off as 2 and 3.

Zee is also lucky with Bollywood Films, they got rights to Titles like Genius, Love Yatri, Ramaiya Vastavaiya and many others at nominal or even free as in case of 2nd movie name but these worked well on TV.

There is a science to running a successful movie channel, i know its formulae and Zee has done quite well to adopt / implement it while others r far behind. This is reason why they r ahead. Star India mostly looks for box office success probability or stars which isn't right criteria or should i say not be major / sole factor kept in mind while acquiring rights

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock