Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Who told them to not ask more for subscription? People doesn't subscribe because they offer below average content. And they are not required to do original production. They can acquire shows made by their US counterparts. If OTT has got the money. Do you think broadcasters don't?

People do not opt for high priced chs even if it gives good content, see what happened to Star World Premiere or HBO Premium Chs .. Let alone these even BBC Earth failing to get ratings even when priced low. Problem is that niche audience now prefers OTT bcoz it has far many advantages and still cost effective for what it provides. Old days there was no ott and cable tv chs were limited hence content acquisition cost plus other things were not as costly.

Anyways i still feel chs can improve on content but they r not reinventing thus struggling. I m happy with mix of old and new shows which will attract fresh as well as loyal audience but here broadcasters just prefer showing select shows all days which fetch max ratings. Once i jokingly tweeted to Discovery that it can rename itself as Bear Grylls TV or Man vs Wild TV.

I do share feedback with broadcasters and even those responsible for managing them, this is what at best we can do. :)

People do not opt for high priced chs even if it gives good content, see what happened to Star World Premiere or HBO Premium Chs .. Let alone these even BBC Earth failing to get ratings even when priced low. Problem is that niche audience now prefers OTT bcoz it has far many advantages and still cost effective for what it provides. Old days there was no ott and cable tv chs were limited hence content acquisition cost plus other things were not as costly.

Anyways i still feel chs can improve on content but they r not reinventing thus struggling. I m happy with mix of old and new shows which will attract fresh as well as loyal audience but here broadcasters just prefer showing select shows all days which fetch max ratings. Once i jokingly tweeted to Discovery that it can rename itself as Bear Grylls TV or Man vs Wild TV.

I do share feedback with broadcasters and even those responsible for managing them, this is what at best we can do. :)
Long before NTO and mass penetration of Internet. They were airing same old garbage as well. It's not that there is no market for such content. They broadcasters are not willing to take risk. Patient pays off in long term. Take Disney International HD as example.

Coming to Sony BBC Earth. It was on top of charts then they regularly start airing same old programming with no fixed schedule of most program. And the confusion post NTO also led to it's downfall. Blame Sony for not promoting and putting it on any bouquet.

Last edited:
Long before NTO and mass penetration of Internet. They were airing same old garbage as well. It's not that there is no market for such content. They broadcasters are not willing to take risk. Patient pays off in long term. Take Disney International HD as example.

Coming to Sony BBC Earth. It was on top of charts then they regularly start airing same old programming with no fixed schedule of most program. And the confusion post NTO also led to it's downfall. Blame Sony for not promoting and putting it on any bouquet.

Yes, as i said when competition increased niche broadcasters preferred to play safe and air only select shows getting ratings. Few did experiment but did not succeed. Each genre has diff dynamics and thus needs specific strategy. I still hope that discovery and nat geo bring back exclusive content on HD feed

Sony did mismanage packaging BBC Earth in correct bouquet but still my point is people did not opt for it separately despite low price. By then it had enough promotion or awareness

ycsgk3f.png

Zee Cinema HD Going To Air 3 &xplor HD Exclusives:
Dil Dhadakne Do Today At 5:40 PM
Tamasha Tomorrow At 5:50 PM
Jab Harry Met Sejal At 6 PM
BjTwhng.png

I Think Zee Cinema HD Should Regularly &xplor HD Exclusives Just As &pictures HD Started From September

Movies Of Salman Khan On His Birthday(27 December):
Star Gold:
CMvofyn.png

Star Gold 2:
xdEjPam.png

Star Utsav Movies:
WAHKFfu.png

UTV Movies:
AFaYQ4h.png

Zee Cinema HD:
60uXaQ4.png

Zee Cinema:
10D14SD.png

Zee Bollywood:
VzEsnjf.png

Sony Max:
w53Kok2.png

Sony Max 2:
2JvnVDy.png
Missing tere naam veer mann golmaal fun unlimited house full specially wanted etc etc in star channels bro.. these are most watchable movies in star gold and did very well in trp list

Missing tere naam veer mann golmaal fun unlimited house full specially wanted etc etc in star channels bro.. these are most watchable movies in star gold and did very well in trp list
Zee Renewed just because these movies got fantastic Ratings in Star Gold and Dil chahta Hai, Swades, Krrish, Don, Golmaal Fun Unlimited, Om Shanti Om, Veer, Wanted got good Response in Star Gold. but same success Again not Repeated in Zee or other network movie Channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock