Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,376
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,092
Yeah, in India Football still slowly growing and Football more popular outside India, and Indian Broadcasters Acquired these Football Rights for unbelievable Amount, even they Airing with High Production value and High Broadcasting Budget Sadly they gets Revenue Below 200 Crores from different sources
Lmao. What is unbelievable amount? Serie A price was mere 4 cr for 2015-18 cycle. Bundesliga is 5 cr for this cycle. For these rights production doesn't happen in India. About ISL, Star doesn't really pay anything to clubs for rights. It is near free. They do production only. You can say whatever you want. But no one will make huge loss in football compared to they will make in Cricket. In football price are low. So losee will be limited to 1-2 cr only. That's said they made 200cr revenue in Euros. I am sure they made profit on it as Euros doesn't cost that much.
Source: Source are two inside sports article. You can search it in google. 🙏

Lmao. What is unbelievable amount? Serie A price was mere 4 cr for 2015-18 cycle. Bundesliga is 5 cr for this cycle. For these rights production doesn't happen in India. About ISL, Star doesn't really pay anything to clubs for rights. It is near free. They do production only. You can say whatever you want. But no one will make huge loss in football compared to they will make in Cricket. In football price are low. So losee will be limited to 1-2 cr only. That's said they made 200cr revenue in Euros. I am sure they made profit on it as Euros doesn't cost that much.
Source: Source are two inside sports article. You can search it in google. 🙏
you can say 1 Cr also from untrusted website articles

How is 200 crores less when most matches at 12:30 am and 5:30 am with minimal ad slot?
How can believe 200 crores from ad Revenue, Indian people will sleep before 12:30 am and 5:30 am too doubt, I read articles they clearly mentioned 200 crores is just target

Now we can say Why BARC not Publishing Data for Public every week, it will effect badly Broadcaster Revenue If Real data released
Bro Then Why SPN in profit? They should be in heavy losses. Disney-Star still takes time to recover from IPL
Yeah they in profit, that's why SPN lost Every Important Media Properties Past and Currently

How can believe 200 crores from ad Revenue, Indian people will sleep before 12:30 am and 5:30 am too doubt, I read articles they clearly mentioned 200 crores is just target

Now we can say Why BARC not Publishing Data for Public every week, it will effect badly Broadcaster Revenue If Real data released

Yeah they in profit, that's why SPN lost Every Important Media Properties Past and Currently
Bro nowadays people watch football at 12:30 am and all. They also used to watch it during FIFA WC. They also used to watch during earlier editions of Euro. I've seen many of my friends watch Football at 12:30 , 1:30 am Times. Football Target are youngsters. And Football fans watch it no matter what. Regional commentary again is a huge plus. Different audiences should be catered. Star does a good job with Cricket , F1 and Tennis. Sony does good job with Football, Olympics, WWE (again huge revenue for SPN) UFC , Cricket (SL, AUS, ENG) so these matches will be on Sony. Agreed ICC and BCCI matches with Disney-Star but from earlier times (2003 and 2007 WC was with SPN) we've seen Both of them on Star Channels. So actually both are balanced but Star's constant bombarding of Cricket irritates some of them. In that aspect SPN is better than Star

Last edited:

At first you didn't answer to the question of how much money was spent on content acquisition that you were accusing of making heavy loss. Cuz, you have no clue about how tv industry works. What acquisition cost are. But have audacity to lie to us on our faces.

Yes, I was saying target price of 200 crores. Which you also that they are losing money in 200 crores?

There is both gains and losses in tv industry. If you consider losing IPL and YRF big deal. They have also acquired The Kapil Sharma Show, India's Got Talent, Shark Tank India and Olympics. Mind you that Olympics is bigger than any private sporting entity.

What is unbelievable amount? Serie A price was mere 4 cr for 2015-18 cycle. Bundesliga is 5 cr for this cycle
At first you didn't answer to the question of how much money was spent on content acquisition that you were accusing of making heavy loss. Cuz, you have no clue about how tv industry works. What acquisition cost are. But have audacity to lie to us on our faces.
If football Broadcast Media Rights where sold for just 4 Cr, why DD Viacom didn't buy Rights, Even 4 cr not Big deal for Disney/Star or any other Broadcasters too🤦‍♂️

I know you peoples always defending Sony and Giving wrong information to everyone

I know you peoples always defending Sony and Giving wrong information to everyone
Nah, you are the one who championed in providing misinformation because of your hatred for Sony broadcaster. Now every single member and viewer has known by now. You have no facts. You makes baseless claims on assumption and keep spreading unnecessary hate.

Nah, you are the one who championed in providing misinformation because of your hatred for Sony broadcaster. Now every single member and viewer has known by now. You have no facts. You makes baseless claims on assumption and keep spreading unnecessary hate.
Now every single member and viewer has known by now, you just defending Sony and spreading baseless information 4 cr, If BCCI or IPL Rights with Sony you Peoples definitely saying media Rights Sony Acquired for just 4 cr

Now every single member and viewer has known by now, you just defending Sony and spreading baseless information 4 cr, If BCCI or IPL Rights with Sony you Peoples definitely saying media Rights Sony Acquired for just 4 cr
Highlight, one instance where I post any baseless information based on assumption. Oh wait! You can't. I don't have to piggyback misinformation as I always post everything with facts. And check those facts before posting.

I don't even know what 4 crores rubbish you are posting about. I joined forum in 2018 when rights were with Star already. I never recall defending Sony about IPL.

I don't have personal attachment with Sony or any other brand. I enjoy my tv as an viewer. Not as someone who is concerned about ratings and profits. I don't even watch Sony's channels apart from it's Sports channels.

PS, you are violating forum's guidelines by defaming a brand which is Sony network.

Tribute To Dilip Kumar Today On Zee Classic
ZGOON3W.png
Tribute To Dilip Kumar Tomorrow On Sony Max 2👇🏻 Source
Source

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom