Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,376
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,101
It was way past it time. Many new episodes lack any novelty. Same with Adalat. After 100-200 episode, you can't find anything new in story line. They should have stopped airing new episodes of CID long ego. Saying this as a fan of CID.
Instead they could have made it in seasons like csi does, but still there is no show on any channel which can replace CID

I definitely do not agree you. Sony has rights of more cricket boards than Star does. They know how to make money off cricket with very minimal investment in comparison to Star.

Tell you grandmother watching Kumkum Bhagya and regional shows to have checks and balance. How ridiculous is this? Why should I or any viewer care about someone else making money? It's there problem. Why are the accountants hired here than?

Extremely flawed approach. Specially, by not utilising all channels. Let's say as a users if I pay ₹19 and ₹9 for Star Sports Select 1 HD and Star Sports Select 2 HD. There are more than 2 live events that can be catered to viewer. Why are Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 2 not airing extra live matches and earning additional ₹38 from me? Instead of showing 2 year old highlights.

That guy is pedelling unnecessarily hate towards Sony without proper reasoning. You must be well researched. Tell me whether shows like Porus where syndicated to other countries or not? Meanwhile Star and Zee only caters to Hindi speaking population overseas in their own channels.

Firstly, u itself highlighted diff approach of both networks in acquiring sports rights....i also said same thing one does buy big cricket properties while other buys smaller cricket properties with many other sports hence in both cases specifically designed approach needed to earn revenue

2ndly, i just said being informed viewer always helps....never did i say all can fall within this zone. Understanding facts helps build a balanced opinion on what is happening or what we can expect being a viewer

Agree with ur 3rd point, if channels r free then they should air live non cricket matches rather than cricket highlights but as i said star/disney airs cricket highlights bcoz it gets more viewers and thus revenue but surely live events should b 1st priority by making necessary adjustments in scheduling

How much were football rights acquired for? Provide facts. Don't just talk in air.

What high production? Star buys pre-mid-post shows directly from BT Sport. Sony also has limited production. They do own production for 6 languages.

How is 200 crores less when most matches at 12:30 am and 5:30 am with minimal ad slot?

Well truth is most of the premium football tournament, grandslam, F1 etc rights come at high cost and extremely diff to earn revenue from these as viewership is small which translates in less ad revenue and even ad slots r less.
OTT is future of niche sports as broadcasters can lower investment there while managing to increase subscription or ad revenue from premium viewers. Saying this efforts to popularize these sports should continue and it will yield result in long run if done well

Well truth is most of the premium football tournament, grandslam, F1 etc rights come at high cost and extremely diff to earn revenue from these as viewership is small which translates in less ad revenue and even ad slots r less.
OTT is future of niche sports as broadcasters can lower investment there while managing to increase subscription or ad revenue from premium viewers. Saying this efforts to popularize these sports should continue and it will yield result in long run if done well
You do realise. Rights of these are brought along with OTT rights. There is the premium ad market. You won't find toothpaste and detergent ads endorsing these matches. But have expensive cars and diamonds endorsing these events. A decade ago before whole rebranding happened. We use to have F1 racing in the country itself.

How come smaller countries with smaller economy's makes profit from airing niche sports?

Niche events not generating revenues is nothing but a myth.

Really hope TCM, MGM, Lumiere Movies, UTV World Movies, Boomerang / Toonami type of channels make comeback on TV but chances r minimal
Those were premium channels & didn't receive good ratings, also blame it to censor board, they have n nos. Of restrictions, I remember zee mgm in my childhood used to telecast lots of censored stuff but none of the movie from that library is getting telecasted now,

Back
Top Bottom