Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,376
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,087
Hate is not justified. TMKOC alone gives them huge revenue. Plus KBC, Indian Idol despite all the controversy is the highest watched reality show at present. Sony strength is reality shows, which in Telugu and Tamil Star has mastered it.

Hopefully, Star India shuts down others channels of Star Network which you don't watch. You must be some sort of privileged king among viewers as whatever you don't want watch creates loss in the market and eventually causes downfall of the network.
I Agree These Programs most Popular, But overall SPN not Aggressive everywhere and Struggling After airing variety, SPN Required Content Acquisition Heads like Disney/Star

Sony is very good in Hindi GEC, English Movies, Sports genre and invest in good content. Surely they need lot of improvement in Hindi Movies Genre. They r profit making company bcoz kind of business model they have adopted which does not involve high risk and investment seeking cricket properties. They distribute funds available across genres for various content and these somehow return profit, what they need to do immediately is spruce up bollywood films acquisition budget

1. At first who said SPN will earn more money?

2. Second define the term unwanted sports?

3. Why should viewers care about broadcasters profits and losses?

I agree any sports cannot b unwanted as each has some or more viewership

I do not agree with ur last point. Viewers should care about financial well being of broadcasters as only it only translates into good/bad content or quality. Being an informed viewer helps understand possibility of what is possible or not for a broadcaster and thereby one can share feedback

Bro Dhinchaak is a huge hit and SPN especially Neeraj Vyas bungled up and overtrusted Goldmines. Although 75% of Goldmines Hindi library with Sony, Goldmines is a Huge Content Goldmine and getting in their bad books is not a good sign. Zee literally took 2 - 3 years to recover from Goldmines fight and then built relationships with producers.

Airing bollywood films on Max HD will not cause rift with Goldmines Telefilms.... Even i feel that SD channel is enough for dubbed films till Sony launches second HD movie channel. Also sony anyways needs bollywood films with Dhinchaak now capturing the HSM market which was primary audience for dubbed films on Sony

Your sentence doesn't make any sense. What are you saying? What is unwanted sports? Who determine that? You?. And why TH i should care about what money they are earning? By the way 40 million people watched Euros till QF stage and that's not a small number. ISL viewership goes to 300 million. That's not a small number either.
/Anyway i defend sony by giving logical argument that they have diversity of program and they telecast multiple programs different time unlike only 1 sports all the time in Star. That's a valid point according to me.

Both star/disney and sony doing fine in sports genre as far as kind of business model they have invested in... Each requires diff approach to succeed and they r doing so. What suits as individual audience is for us to decide and choose. Please guys no more arguments on this

Sony is very good in Hindi GEC, English Movies, Sports genre and invest in good content. Surely they need lot of improvement in Hindi Movies Genre. They r profit making company bcoz kind of business model they have adopted which does not involve high risk and investment seeking cricket properties. They distribute funds available across genres for various content and these somehow return profit, what they need to do immediately is spruce up bollywood films acquisition budget
I definitely do not agree you. Sony has rights of more cricket boards than Star does. They know how to make money off cricket with very minimal investment in comparison to Star.
I agree any sports cannot b unwanted as each has some or more viewership

I do not agree with ur last point. Viewers should care about financial well being of broadcasters as only it only translates into good/bad content or quality. Being an informed viewer helps understand possibility of what is possible or not for a broadcaster and thereby one can share feedback
Tell you grandmother watching Kumkum Bhagya and regional shows to have checks and balance. How ridiculous is this? Why should I or any viewer care about someone else making money? It's there problem. Why are the accountants hired here than?
Both star/disney and sony doing fine in sports genre as far as kind of business model they have invested in... Each requires diff approach to succeed and they r doing so. What suits as individual audience is for us to decide and choose. Please guys no more arguments on this
Extremely flawed approach. Specially, by not utilising all channels. Let's say as a users if I pay ₹19 and ₹9 for Star Sports Select 1 HD and Star Sports Select 2 HD. There are more than 2 live events that can be catered to viewer. Why are Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 2 not airing extra live matches and earning additional ₹38 from me? Instead of showing 2 year old highlights.

That guy is pedelling unnecessarily hate towards Sony without proper reasoning. You must be well researched. Tell me whether shows like Porus where syndicated to other countries or not? Meanwhile Star and Zee only caters to Hindi speaking population overseas in their own channels.

Bro Sony officially posted numbers. Football has a huge audience bro. I myself am watching Euros On SPN and presentation is superb. Even if Sony TV channels has less numbers, Sony LIV viewing is huge. All Football fans are impressed with SPN's coverage regarding Euros. Olympics has scope. Infact the famous Gabba Test was aired on Sony network not Star. Also hoping for FIFAWC2022 coverage on Sony.
Yeah, in India Football still slowly growing and Football more popular outside India, and Indian Broadcasters Acquired these Football Rights for unbelievable Amount, even they Airing with High Production value and High Broadcasting Budget Sadly they gets Revenue Below 200 Crores from different sources
Hate is not justified. TMKOC alone gives them huge revenue. Plus KBC, Indian Idol despite all the controversy is the highest watched reality show at present. Sony strength is reality shows, which in Telugu and Tamil Star has mastered it.
Bro Programs like TMKOC, KBC, Indian idol Shows Huge Revenue shared Between Sony and Production Houses, Beside Rerun Channel Sony Pal Generates Huge Revenue To Sony from Rerun Programs

Yeah, in India Football still slowly growing and Football more popular outside India, and Indian Broadcasters Acquired these Football Rights for unbelievable Amount, even they Airing with High Production value and High Broadcasting Budget Sadly they gets Revenue Below 200 Crores from different sources
How much were football rights acquired for? Provide facts. Don't just talk in air.

What high production? Star buys pre-mid-post shows directly from BT Sport. Sony also has limited production. They do own production for 6 languages.

How is 200 crores less when most matches at 12:30 am and 5:30 am with minimal ad slot?

Bro Programs like TMKOC, KBC, Indian idol Shows Huge Revenue shared Between Sony and Production Houses, Beside Rerun Channel Sony Pal Generates Huge Revenue To Sony from Rerun Programs
Bro Then Why SPN in profit? They should be in heavy losses. Disney-Star still takes time to recover from IPL

In which Indian TV channel I can watch Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe live? Fancode app is there. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom