Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Tonight will try sending feedback to TRAI on missing bouquet channels as well as to star sports head about airing Premier League on Star World when Select 1 is occupied and even use Star Sports 2 for it when free... Hopefully he will make changes in strategy if possible

Many people criticize doordarshan for even small hiccups that happen during transmission, but see such things r common around world tooo

By the way Sony has sold off its linear channels in Central and Eastern Europe to Antenaa Group

By the way Sony has sold off its linear channels in Central and Eastern Europe to Antenaa Group
Specifically Hungary had a large portfolio of Sony channels, including a Hungarian Sony Max, as well as Viasat3 and Viasat6. SPE had a large portfolio in Hungary (actually one of the biggest after India) and a smaller portfolio in other countries.

Last edited:
How many of u miss a good travel channel in India? I mean i miss a channel like erstwhile Discovery Travel & Living, it had just so many brilliant international travel shows which i still somehow watch on YouTube. Requested Discovery and its group MD on Twitter to launch such a channel but sadly nothing has happened. Infact i gave them so much feedback on improving content on Discovery Channel too but little has been done.... Thankfully in 2021 they revamped schedule of Discovery Science but still awaiting its HD Feed. Turbo should b converted to DMax and mix of good programs from their international portfolio of chs should b brought here but i see no signs of change.

All i can say in age of internet and OTT Infotainment Channels should evolve and adapt as per viewer needs else i see them joining likes of English GEC where sustaining would prove hard.

Indian reality TV needs to stop selling "gareebi" (poverty). Look I am not making fun of poor. Being poor is harsh. TV is a source of entertainment even for poor. If you show them poverty. It depresses them more. Reality TV should be sold based on knowledge and talent. They sell so much poverty. Those horrendous reality shows on OTT platforms and even Big Boss starts looking good to audience. Something is seriously wrong here.

Indian reality TV needs to stop selling "gareebi" (poverty). Look I am not making fun of poor. Being poor is harsh. TV is a source of entertainment even for poor. If you show them poverty. It depresses them more. Reality TV should be sold based on knowledge and talent. They sell so much poverty. Those horrendous reality shows on OTT platforms and even Big Boss starts looking good to audience. Something is seriously wrong here.

True. They create emotional backdrop by connecting poverty. I do not have much issue with that but there r several other things which bother me. Specially the current trend where they bring celebs, reminisce their past then sad music plays and judges start crying etc etc. . It has become so repetitive. Not only that but they start making romantic plots of contestants which also create melodrama. Biggest thing which bothers me is that in some dance shows, kids dance to very adult songs with age inappropriate dance steps and sometimes even stars come to show to promote films which r meant for mature audience or dress in a way which is unsuitable for kids

Shared feedback with star sports head just now on Twitter and mentioned all important points regarding scheduling of sports events across chs in diff sports cycles in calendar year as well as using non sports chs accordingly when need arises and using Star Sports First instead of Star Gold for IPL. @iDJ bro hope for the best that some changes might happen soon. Will keep u posted

Why is Zee airing this beautiful children movie Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama at 11:59 pm? Which kid is awake to watch this? I hope this is given proper airtime. And airs on other main channel. This is my favourite childhood movie. It use to always air on Cartoon Network.
9MYApMc.png

Did u see this new promotional campaign by sony, i caught hold of it yesterday at 11:55 pm on Max while scrolling channels and searched it on YouTube. Such a nice campaign but i wish sony showed so many bollywood films or once featured in this promo at apt slots... 99% of this promo features bollywood films and then when u switch on Sony Max situation is exactly reversed.
Full Points for excellent promo but i will remain unhappy till sony starts giving due space to bollywood films, just promoting and not airing is completely useless

Source

Do try sending feedback to Sony Max thru mails and on Twitter, if any1 interested then do DM me i will share twitter handle of Sony Max content head for this

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock