Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Yipppeee! Tomorrow's schedule of star/disney hindi movie chs filled with bollywood movies all day, just 1 dubbed south indian movie.

Must say sony also improving a lot but on some occasions still they r dubbed South Indian movies heavy.... Just hope that they keep increasing bollywood content and acquire more films.

Post sony-zee merger it will b difficult to redraw content strategy for their hindi movie chs considering the fact that i do not see T Series or Goldmines be ready to make changes in current agreement with sony and include zee in it as a partner

Few weekss back had shared feedback with hindi movie cluster head of viacom18 regarding giving more slots to bollywood films on colors cineplex hd or making it a pure play bollywood channel and seems like they r implementing some changes now as evident in scheduling in next few days. Had also mentioned in feedback that Colors Cineplex should b made a secondary bollywood movie channel once Rishtey Cineplex and CCB gets proper distribution across platforms
Yes. I did notice 2-3 bollywood films on HD variant but next day they were back to their scheduling. However, still they are at least scheduling 2 bollywood movies these days. Might be they are experimenting to see results. Colors cineplex has good bollywood library and should undoubtedly use their HD feed to air the same.

Yes. I did notice 2-3 bollywood films on HD variant but next day they were back to their scheduling. However, still they are at least scheduling 2 bollywood movies these days. Might be they are experimenting to see results. Colors cineplex has good bollywood library and should undoubtedly use their HD feed to air the same.

True, few weeks back i even gave this feedback to their hindi movie cluster head on twitter. Adding to this, Colors Cineplex Bollywood is doing fab job and constantly acquiring more bollywood films, now their schedule looks promising.... Tata Sky, D2H users r missing out on this good channel and even And Xplor

Star/disney airing classic bollywood films in watershed hours and most of these r recently acquired from Shemaroo, Ultra. I believe they r doing test run and formally include these in proper slots later on current or a new classic movie channel

Also i see star/disney retiring most of dubbed south indian movies and these shifting to Dhinchaak.... They r on repeat mode, also thru this they will get clear idea how much ratings dubbed or bollywood movies r giving them... One day schedule filled with bollywood films, others days equal ratio between dubbed and bollywood and rest few days ratio skewed to dubbed south indian films.

Quite possible that UTV Movies, UTV Action, Marvel HQ will revamp on 11th or soon... Schedule ain't available for UTV Action from 11th onwards

True, few weeks back i even gave this feedback to their hindi movie cluster head on twitter. Adding to this, Colors Cineplex Bollywood is doing fab job and constantly acquiring more bollywood films, now their schedule looks promising.... Tata Sky, D2H users r missing out on this good channel and even And Xplor
Yes, &xplorHD is badly needed. Have made many requests to Tata sky but no luck.

Some great channels which eventually got shut down in India

BIG CBS Prime
BIG CBS Love
BIG CBS Spark
AXN
HBO Defined
HBO Hits
HBO
WB
UTV World Movies
Lumiere Movies
TCM
MGM
BBC Entertainment
FX
FOX Crime
ITV Granada/Choice
Hallmark TV ( got licence but was available only on few cable networks)
Da Vinci Learning
Zone Reality
Nat Geo Adventure/People
Travel Trendz
Sahara One, Filmy, Firangi (initially aired good content)
Imagine TV
Real TV
Discovery Jeet
Nat Geo Music
Sony Mix
9XO
Channel V
Toonami
Zee ETC Bollywood
Sony Le Plex HD
Fox History ( got revamped post ending of Fox-A&E deal)
Trace Sport Stars
UTV Action Telugu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock