Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Earlier this week, Star Gold was promoting Bhool Bhulaiyaa for Saturday (Today) 8 PM slot but now they are going to air the IPL match of RCB-SRH tonight, any reason behind this sudden change in the schedule?
This year Ipl ratings has been dropped badly may be this is the main reason for this change of schedule.

I just hope Times Network retains Warner Bros, Sony Pics or other studios film library which r having lot of offbeat or critically acclaimed films thru some agreement as they r the only Network having dedicated English Movie Channel for such films called MN+. MN+ airs some of the finest films and it is a real joy watching them with excellent audio/video quality and wonderful presentation. Also Romedy Now airs good romantic and comedy films which r not so common on English movie chs of other broadcasters hence again this is also a reason why they should retain films from prominent studios.

Star/disney doing excellent work interms of acquiring bollywood and hollywood films and will b nice to see what all films find space on their 2 english movie chs in near future. Just hope they air more romantic, comedy, critically acclaimed films on their chs, more so if Times Network loses satellite rights of such films.

And Flix and Sony Pix r doing a good job but they need to utilise their library much more properly, saying so bcoz despite having excellent films from Warner Bros in their library i see most of these films rather being aired in watershed or early morning hrs. Though Zee does air good number of old films from sony pictures library. Also they need to bring some unique appeal to Sony Pix and And Flix interms of differentiation in content strategy. Also And Privé needs to revert back to its original identity which is to cater to audience which likes watching meaningful, critically acclaimed cinema, sadly since last year or so they have diluted that purpose.

Sony and Zee had such a great opportunity to air more dubbed hollywood films on its hindi or regional chs but don't know why they did not implement this strategy. Zee has been airing few dubbed hollywood films on Zee Cinema, Zee Action, And Pictures but these r just too little as compared to rights of films held by them. Sony aired even fewer such films and now trying to air more of these. They can vastly improve on it. Even Viacom18 should launch such a channel. Presently only star/disney has a dedicated channel for this genre .

News update :
As per some information I collected from primary source.
Colors Next is going to be a Hindi/English/other Indian language channel it's categoriesed under non news kids/youth section.
And will be launched along sports 18 2

Noticed Nayi Movie Tag for the first time on any Television Premiere on Zee Cinema while watching Radhe Shyam today

iYgUdyw.jpg

5kH570L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock