Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

So the movie Bhool Bhulaiya which is with star/disney at present and which urs truly dino bhai had requested star/disney to include it in their library , it has got excellent ratings on each airing. This film was with viacom18 since a long time before shifting to viacom18 but rather it was hardly aired nor did it attain success. As i have said time and again star/disney hindi movie channels have over the last many years build a strong bollywood audience which unfortunately others have lost over the years bcoz of strong focus on dubbed south indian movies, there r so many good bollywood films which r with sony, zee and viacom18 but either these r not aired or aired in watershed hrs and most importantly do not match upto ratings what star/disney achieves thru its bollywood film library. I am 100% sure if these films shift to star/disney then they will perform really well.

Already u can see star/disney had maximum bollywood movies on schedule each day ( atleast 75% of the daily schedule consists of bollywood films and on most occasions this percentage hovers around 80 to 90% while on few times it touches even 92 or 96%). Sony, zee, viacom18 hindi movie SD chs on an average show much less bollywood films , 50% - 66% daily schedule of sony consists of bollywood films and on very few occasions it touches 70% mark while incase of zee situation is even worse as i have seen that on most occasions 50% or more of their schedule is filled with dubbed south indian movies and lastly viacom18 too has both Colors Cineplex and Colors Cineplex Superhits filled with mostly dubbed south indian movies... There r hardly 1 or 2 bollywood movies aired daily on these chs, on some occasions this goes max to 3 or 4.

Not only this but star/disney has much better scheduling, proper utilisation of bollywood film library and affordable pricing of its hindi movie chs. Audio and Video Quality, Graphics /Packaging of chs is also quite good. All i can say is if zee, sony, viacom18 do not start giving bollywood content more space on its SD chs then star/disney will happily renew more n more bollywood films from them. Without bollywood films i am certain that broadcasters will not have a successful run be it on ratings or business side

Actually it's a good move now fta also gets some ratings by airing big movies.

It will b a great move only when zee utilises its huge bollywood movie library properly and give all films space across its chs. By sharing popular or less popular films zee may get revenue but its hindi movie channels will not be benefitted interms of ratings or popularity among bollywood audience. Infact by sharing films it might further reduce ratings of its hindi movie chs. As far as i understand economics of hindi movie chs, Losing out bollywood audience will mean that channel will bring in negative impact on the chs

It will b a great move only when zee utilises its huge bollywood movie library properly and give all films space across its chs. By sharing popular or less popular films zee may get revenue but its hindi movie channels will not be benefitted interms of ratings or popularity among bollywood audience. Infact by sharing films it might further reduce ratings of its hindi movie chs. As far as i understand economics of hindi movie chs, Losing out bollywood audience will mean that channel will bring in negative impact on the chs
Bhai today 90s and 00s bollywood films will not work for any broadcaster both sony-zee dubbed films is working good don't know about renewals but in coming days zee-sony has maximum wtps compare to other broadcasters like how Disney-Star changed themselves sony-zee will also change. Coming to renewals Disney-Star should air those films in prime time in star main channels yrf is a major and big production company Disney-Star should understand this.

Bhai today 90s and 00s bollywood films will not work for any broadcaster both sony-zee dubbed films is working good don't know about renewals but in coming days zee-sony has maximum wtps compare to other broadcasters like how Disney-Star changed themselves sony-zee will also change. Coming to renewals Disney-Star should air those films in prime time in star main channels yrf is a major and big production company Disney-Star should understand this.

Sorry buddy. Your analysis is not right. 90s, 2000s bollywood films r huge hits on tv and star/disney is getting maximum ratings from them . Infact much of the newer bollywood films have lesser chance to succeed on tv chs, even if they do it will last till few airing. 90s, 2000s bollywood films have the charm and repeat value and huge admiration / popularity among all sections of society and across all age groups.

Regarding YRF films on disney-star, they r still giving them much more airing than what sony gave. Just wait little more as Star Gold Romance is launched films like Saathiya, Ye Dillagi, Darr, Vijay, Lamhe, Kabhi Kabhi, Hum Tum etc will all get proper airing. But yes i feel they need to promote these films well, i am disappointed that star/disney did not promote premiere of New York (2009) on UTV Movies and i will share feedback regarding this with them

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock