General discussions/queries for Satellite Tuning

RE: Splitter and DISEQC Switch

1) A Digital Satellite Equipment Control or simply Disec is a device used for combing the signal from multiple LNB and feed to a single receiver. The function of a disec is switching between connection to various LNBs from receiver according to the satellite of channel we selected on receiver.

2) Whereas a Splitter is usually using for splitting a decoded signal to input to various TVs. That is it is used at the output of the receiver to split the signals to feed into TVs in various rooms..In doing so you will have same channel in all the TVs.

3)Technically you cant use a splitter to split signals from a single LNB to feed in to multiple receivers. Since a LNB has to be controlled by a single receiver. For having signals to different receivers you may use dual LNB (2 output) or quad LNB (4 output) or oct LNB (8 output)

Vicky said:
I use splitter in signal lnb also,using the splitter signal reduced but both stb working fine & i am not use diseqc switch i think diseqz switch signal not reduce & it's my guess only,please wait some expert will reply:k

Yes Vicky bro, if you use splitter between lnb and receiver, the signal strength will reduce into half and output may not be consistent

adhu84 said:
1) A Digital Satellite Equipment Control or simply Disec is a device used for combing the signal from multiple LNB and feed to a single receiver. The function of a disec is switching between connection to various LNBs from receiver according to the satellite of channel we selected on receiver.

2) Whereas a Splitter is usually using for splitting a decoded signal to input to various TVs. That is it is used at the output of the receiver to split the signals to feed into TVs in various rooms..In doing so you will have same channel in all the TVs.

3)Technically you cant use a splitter to split signals from a single LNB to feed in to multiple receivers. Since a LNB has to be controlled by a single receiver. For having signals to different receivers you may use dual LNB (2 output) or quad LNB (4 output) or oct LNB (8 output)

Thanks for the reply .

"In doing so you will have same channel in all the TVs."
So does this mean that the 2 TVs will have same signal even if they have different STB Receivers ?

hsb50 said:
Thanks for the reply .

So does this mean that the 2 TVs will have same signal even if they have different STB Receivers ?

No bro, i mentioned the scenario when you connect the splitter after the receiver before TV. Not between LNB and receiver.

If you connect splitter between a LNB and two receivers, you can have two different channels on receivers but signal may be inconsistent. Also it is not good for a single LNB to power up from two recievers simultaneously.

adhu84 said:
No bro, i mentioned the scenario when you connect the splitter after the receiver before TV. Not between LNB and receiver.

If you connect splitter between a LNB and two receivers, you can have two different channels on receivers but signal may be inconsistent. Also it is not good for a single LNB to power up from two recievers simultaneously.

I see.
So in that case the following LNB will give same Signal quality to different TVs with seperate STBS ?

Ku Band Universal quad 4 port LNB: Buy Online from ShopClues.com

Tracking satellite azimuth using a compass

Hi All,

Some one who has actually tried this method,please inform how to find Azimuth of a satellite using a compass ?
Secondly,which type of compass is most useful for this purpose.I have heard there is one transparent compass also but I am unable to find it online.

Thanks in advance

What is blind scan ?

Hi All,
What exactly is "blind scan" in a Satellite receiver ?
Is any Satellite receiver with "blind scan" available in India.
I was about to buy the Solid 1740 receiver but some one informed that SOLID receivers do not have blind scan,which is supposed to be an important part of a STB.So I have postponed buying it for now.
Thanks

RE: What is blind scan ?

If I am not wrong then smart scan is same as Blind Scan which scan all possible freq

Product

It has smart scan :k

RE: What is blind scan ?

Sarkar said:
If I am not wrong then smart scan is same as Blind Scan which scan all possible freq

Product

It has smart scan :k
@Sarkar,
Thanks for the info.
Hope "Blind scan" is same as "Smart Scan".
By the way what does this "Blind/Smart scan" do ? and why is it essential for a Set Top Box ?
What are the disadvantages of not having Blind Scan in a STB ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock