General discussions/queries for Satellite Tuning

How to determine combined elevation of a dish which has a monoblock Ku LNB ?

How to determine elevation of a dish which has a monoblock Ku LNB ie 2 LNBs like the one used by Dish TV ?

Dish elevations are as follows :
NSS6 at 95e (Elevation=49)
INSAT4B at 93.5e(Elevation=50)
ASIASAT5 at 100.5e(Elevation=45.5)

How to determine combined elevation ,so that all the 3 satellites are visible ?By the way all these work with the same Monoblock LNB of DishTV.

Can any some Dish master answer this as it is a technical question ?

Thanks

RE: How to determine combined elevation of a dish which has a monoblock Ku LNB ?

First set ur dish @ NSS6 at 95e
then try below setting for Multi LNB Setting...

XyzkWxk.jpg

RE: How to determine combined elevation of a dish which has a monoblock Ku LNB ?

jkaza said:
First set ur dish @ NSS6 at 95e
then try below setting for Multi LNB Setting...

XyzkWxk.jpg
Thanks.
Just a clarification ,are these settings while standing in front or back of the dish ?

Other FTA signals with DishTru STB

Hi All,

Is it possible to watch FTA channels from other satellites besides NSS6/INSAT4B/ASIASAT5 using a DishTru STB Receiver ?

I have heard there is some trick.So could some expert share that trick here ?

Thanks

Ku band Signal Level vs Signal Quality

Hi All,

What is the difference between "Signal Level" and "Signal Quality" ?

Which is the minimum percentage required for each ie Signal Level & Signal Quality to get a decent picture with a Ku LNB and a Ku offset dish ?

This seems to be quite confusing as I have seen pictures of some one getting a decent picture with the following :
Signal Level=90%
Signal Quality=10%

How is it possible to get a picture with Signal Quality=10% ??

Thanks to experts in Advance

RE: Ku band Signal Level vs Signal Quality

Thanks for the link Sarkar.
One question still remains unanswered in both threads ie What is the minimum percentage of Signal quality needed to get a decent picture in case of Ku band ?

@jkaza or some one,Please answer

RE: Biggest and smallest Ku dish

Please let me know whether is it possible to receive HD channels in DishTruHD+ STB with a monoblock lnb using tatasky (60-65 cm) provided dish. My location is India-Bangladesh border Mizoram. I am currently using TataSky and planning to move to DishTruHD+.

RE: Other FTA signals with DishTru STB

no way... it's not possible.. better you buy a new MPEG4 STB.. then start sat hunting without any problem.. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock