Discussion Horrendous Additional NCF charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well most of FTA chs r covered in complimentary bundle pack and that holds true for all operators while certain FTA chs r out of the net and one has to include it separately thus counted in NCF slab. If one compares then airtel is giving max channels, discounts, benefits and best quality/ value for money product at present

Sun Direct NCF has 147 channels, you can choose how many packs or channels you want they are not charging any "Additional NCF"

Sun-Direct-NCF.png

Ncf pack only consist of DD channels. FTA bundle which is Airtel providing at 0 cost not bundled in this pack . Your Airtel bundle is not the FTA pack , it's the customised airtel monthly pack u have selected.
I never mentioned my selected Airtel Pack is FTA.
FTA bundle has around 100 channels and if we add additional packs/channels in our account which then makes it greater than 100
then we need to pay "Additional NCF" cost.

Don't defame unnecessarily.
When I have mentioned in the title "Additional NCF" charges you are mentioning about NCF charge.
I am not defaming I am just stating the facts compared to other DTH.

@Liverpudian, you are having completely wrong concept. Its not manadatory to take FTA packs. Simply activate your desired channels without any FTA bouquets as airtel gives FTA channels on complementary basis
or better take airtel packs as those are much cheaper.
Each & every point mentioned by @dino29 bro is correct so, don't defame airtel unnecessarily.

Last edited:
@Liverpudian, you are having completely wrong concept. Its not manadatory to take FTA packs. Simply activate your desired channels without any FTA bouquets as airtel gives FTA channels on complementary basis
or better take airtel packs as those are much cheaper.
Fine I will do that, no issues, Thank You.

But the fact is other DTH gives you FTA channels (Rs. 153)+ paid packs/channels (any number of channels) with no "Additional NCF" charge.

It's a headache to select every pay and free channels carefully due to additional NCF which is a burden for us. People don't want to pay for garbage free channels (some of them are good though). It's also time consuming and, 1 HD channel = 2 SD channels? What is these? Disappointing NTO rules.

My SITI network's channel selection option is down for a long time, not even providing all bouquets.. 🤔

Last edited:
No need to select any free channel in your pack. You will automatically get almost all free channels..
I had only selected 100 paid channels..
But still i am getting almost 300+ channels in my pack without additional ncf. That because every airtel user is getting all free channels without selecting them.. so please check this and confirm it by yourself.

Fine I will do that, no issues, Thank You.

But the fact is other DTH gives you FTA channels (Rs. 153)+ paid packs/channels (any number of channels) with no "Additional NCF" charge.
Same thing is in airtel also.
For example, if you'll select 100 channels then you need to pay NCF of 153 + price of those 100 channels & in return you'll get around 300 channels(Around 200 FTA channels will be added on complimentary basis) at same price.

No need to select any free channel in your pack. You will automatically get almost all free channels..
I had only selected 100 paid channels..
But still i am getting almost 300+ channels in my pack without additional ncf. That because every airtel user is getting all free channels without selecting them.. so please check this and confirm it by yourself.

Same thing is in airtel also.
For example, if you'll select 100 channels then you need to pay NCF of 153 + price of those 100 channels & in return you'll get around 300 channels(Around 200 FTA channels will be added on complimentary basis) at same price.

I will check and update you guys on this, I am traveling tonight therefore will let you know as soon as i get back tentatively on Friday.

I am getting 329 channels for 205 rupees in which 59 rs is NCF, 99 rs is Airtel bundle and remaining 45 is is for ala carte(7 channels)!!
Can't expect more than this :D

When the NCF pack (mandatory) is only loaded with almost 100 channels then even if we subscriber for 1 more channel
we have to pay additional fees of Rs. 23.6.
We end up paying for the channel as well as additional NCF charge to Airtel which is against the rules of TRAI.
FTA Bouquets - North and South have 99 channels in it.
Distributor Bouquet FTA -- Have more than 90 channels in it.
As we need to select either one of the FTA's as it is mandatory, then if we take an
add-on regional pack of say 5 channels, then additional NCF kicks in.
This is what I am opposing.
No, FTA pack isn't mandatory on Airtel. Select your own pack, don't include any FTA channels. Once you submit and pack is changed, you'll automatically get a bundle of FTA channels, NCF free! If you are not getting any of your desired FTA channel afterwards, you are free to add that within the regular NCF rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock