Good News I bought Sun Direct HD Connection

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 207
  • Views: Views 32,324
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, in general, HDMI can carry higher bit rates but optical has limited capabilities. Anyways, optical is much useful for sun HD:LOL:

I was using Airtel on HDMI cable and there was no such issue. Because, Airtel doesn't do anything with the Audio. They transmit as is from broadcaster. However, TS and Sun Direct are fiddling with the audio in the middle by trying to upscale it to Dolby Digital Plus which is why there seems to be an issue. If I'm right, Optical does not support advanced sound technologies and hence gives the original Dolby Digital audio which is why the volume and quality would be more on it. Let me confirm it tomorrow once I receive the cable.
Today surprisingly I noticed some improvement of audio quality in all HD channels, maybe result of this discussion.
And Sony LePLEX HD till now was showing only DOLBY AUDIO and now they've changed it to Dolby Audio 5.1

Bro. Iam also using htiv300 .high hevc compresson caused the problem not with hdmi cable nodal officer confirmed
....Hdmi cable is much better than optical to send high speed data

It's 50-60 on all the channels, mostly hovering at 54!!

Then I assume for the slightest rain, clouds, etc there will be signal / picture loss ?

I wonder why Sun Direct didn't go for the Mono Block Lnb option or Parabolic dish to facilitate better signal reception in both 91.5E and 93.5E

Call customer care or. Ur nodal officer immediately....they cheating us with poor compressed audio

Cable came and I checked with it. There's no difference between HDMI and Optical for me. The surround speakers are producing same volume for both. I think it's compression, not cable issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock