Good News I bought Sun Direct HD Connection

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 207
  • Views: Views 32,485
Status
Not open for further replies.
bro only optical cable is the solution . when you connect ht with stb via optical cable.
the hdmi out not good for audio quality
Let me check that tomorrow and confirm. It's Ok for me, as long as the audio is good!

I got good surround sound in some channels
like starmovies hd, asianet hd, suntv hd,

In my HT the audio is better quality and louder via Optical cable then that of HDMI (ARC)
That's what I'm hearing from other users too. It will be good if that is the case with me too!!

That's what I'm hearing from other users too. It will be good if that is the case with me too!!

I am using HT IV 300 and TS HD. Forgot to mention it in previous post.

May be its HDMI or HT issue as its same with other DTH also. I got low audio in all speakers when I was using HDMI ARC, after connecting Optical cable the quality improved abd volume also became louder

Last edited:
I am using HT IV 300 and TS HD. Forgot to mention it in previous post.
TS? Bro, we are talking about Sun Direct HD here!! Or you are saying, In general optical cable is better than HDMI for audio?

TS? Bro, we are talking about Sun Direct HD here!! Or you are saying, In general optical cable is better than HDMI for audio?

I know bro this is about Sun Direct. What I mean to say is may be its HDMI or HT issue as its same with other DTH also. I got low audio in all speakers when I was using HDMI ARC, after connecting Optical cable the quality improved abd volume also became louder

I know bro this is about Sun Direct. What I mean to say is may be its HDMI or HT issue as its same with other DTH also. I got low audio in all speakers when I was using HDMI ARC, after connecting Optical cable the quality improved abd volume also became louder
I was using Airtel on HDMI cable and there was no such issue. Because, Airtel doesn't do anything with the Audio. They transmit as is from broadcaster. However, TS and Sun Direct are fiddling with the audio in the middle by trying to upscale it to Dolby Digital Plus which is why there seems to be an issue. If I'm right, Optical does not support advanced sound technologies and hence gives the original Dolby Digital audio which is why the volume and quality would be more on it. Let me confirm it tomorrow once I receive the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock