IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No need of Discussions i think as Reliance will get the ipl rights for sure as they r soon launching sports channel.. ambani dont care abt price or anything they r just Market Disruptors as we had seen in the past be it jio plans or mobile phones or anything..
Jio is desperetly need live cricket to promote upcoming 5G service in 4K/VR.

Last edited:
Jio is desperetly need live cricket to promote upcoming 5G service in 4K/VR.
Sony's presentation was good before ipl 2015 but as of now we can see star sports is doing good and their presentation is actually good. As we know many international matches were shown on sony Ind vs ENG, Ind vs NZ and many more. But I saw they don't have good quality commentators and they used that old graphics also. So match feels very boring. I was literally wishing that if this matches was on star sports it will be more interesting to watch it. Plus star sports have the best online media partner which is hotstar. I don't like to watch ipl on sony liv.

As of now it's not easy for sony sports to take media rights of ipl. Because they have already tooked so many rights like bbl, cpl and most important is Olympic. But only zee and sony merge can help sony to took ipl rights. But somehow I am sure that sony will have ipl rights because at the same time there is icc events media right auction so star don't want to loose icc rights. And if star sports takes these both rights then it's very interesting to see how they present these both.

Viacom18 appoints a new head for their sports . They are buying many big sporting events to fill slots. This time definitely they will buy IPL or ICC.
And I want them to get so 3rd network will enter Indian sports market breaking duopoly

They (Jio cricket) are having BCCI matches sharing with hotstar along with other events like ISL.
Earlier IPL was also offered on complimentary basis. Even a subsidised Hotstar subscription isn't making any difference at the moment. I don't see how acquiring IPL digital rights can help. VR is a gimmick that will never appeal to masses.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock