IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I need prime video won the digital right so that we can enjoy atleast good video quality along with No Break webcast.
This is impossible.

How do you think it will be profitable for everyone involved if they broadcast the games without ads?

No one can stream sports without ads at this valuation of the rights.

All I need prime video won the digital right so that we can enjoy atleast good video quality along with No Break webcast.

Even Amazon Prime Video will show ads as just thru subscription revenue they won't b able to recover investment or try to earn profit

Pretty sure, they won't do that... Subscription revenue won't get any ROI even if they won it at base price.. Otherwise, they will introduce a sports pack with high premium value and we have to bear what Advertising industry would be contributing..

This is not some two different countries playing each other, even Hotstar provides them ad-free..

Buddy, disney+Hotstar does not provide ad free access to sports content be it for IPL or BCCI matches. Certain ICC matches or cricket south africa matches might have less ads or no ads bcoz of less advertiser interest / viewwrship. Even their Premium Plan has ads for sports content but regular tv shows, web series or movies r ad free with premium plan.

I am okay with a freemium and subscription driven model where certain content is provided free with ads while others r available with affordable subscription plans and ads

If this happens, then their Business itself create way to bankruptcy and trouble business to shutting down entire network in future.

Max/Sony and Star sports well known old sports channels people won't forget, new sports channels not easy to get success in Pay TV Market. Everyone giving so much overhype because it's backed by Big businessman, Remember even Ishara/IN 10 media backed by Mahindra Group but Success rate very less like Viacom 18 in Pay TV Market, so it's doesn't matter who owns these channels Reliance or Mahindra Group.

Well buddy ofcourse star/disney and Sony r well established broadcasters in sports business but do not underestimate Viacom18. If they have decided to launch sports channels, they r well equipped , have resources and highly experienced workforce to acquire sports rights, distribute the channels properly and provide excellent broadcast of events. Success may or may not come immediately but i am pretty sure Sports18 will give strong competition to star/disney and Sony Pictures Sports network in short span of time

Buddy, disney+Hotstar does not provide ad free access to sports content be it for IPL or BCCI matches. Certain ICC matches or cricket south africa matches might have less ads or no ads bcoz of less advertiser interest / viewwrship. Even their Premium Plan has ads for sports content but regular tv shows, web series or movies r ad free with premium plan.

I am okay with a freemium and subscription driven model where certain content is provided free with ads while others r available with affordable subscription plans and ads
Buddy. Before writing such a lengthy comments, first atleast understand what was said... Hotstar airs ad-free cricket which doesn't involve India... Thats what I said... If you did understood that properly, the comment was made to compare with the fixtures shown on Prime Video.

For your confirmation, just go and check SA V BAN test match that's going...

Last edited:
Buddy. Before writing such a lengthy comments, first atleast understand what was said... Hotstar airs ad-free cricket which doesn't involve India... Thats what I said... If you did understood that properly, the comment was made to compare with the fixtures shown on Prime Video.

For your confirmation, just go and check SA V BAN test match that's going...

Hi buddy, i did read ur comment properly but as u can see that though u may b wanting to state above point but same did not reflect clearly in your last post. You just said "2 different countries playing each other" in reply to comment made by member that IPL will b ad free if Amazon Prime Video gets rights hence not only me but anyone will decode this is same way as i did.

EPRW1Xf.jpg

Well buddy ofcourse star/disney and Sony r well established broadcasters in sports business but do not underestimate Viacom18. If they have decided to launch sports channels, they r well equipped , have resources and highly experienced workforce to acquire sports rights, distribute the channels properly and provide excellent broadcast of events. Success may or may not come immediately but i am pretty sure Sports18 will give strong competition to star/disney and Sony Pictures Sports network in short span of time
Why they should shutting down entire small network for IPL Broadcast rights acquisition. Just think if they acquire IPL Broadcast Rights for more than 60,000 Cr, evey year breakeven is 15,000 Cr it's not possible from any Broadcast TV Network in india

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock