IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why they should shutting down entire small network for IPL Broadcast rights acquisition. Just think if they acquire IPL Broadcast Rights for more than 60,000 Cr, evey year breakeven is 15,000 Cr it's not possible from any Broadcast TV Network in india

ofcourse it is long term investment and do not worry anna they will not b at risk of shutting down if they acquire IPL rights. Who knows maybe in the background even all broadcasters might b contemplating and dicussing together to not go overboard with IPL rights bidding. Viacom18 has launched sports channels and they will surely try to acquire BCCI and IPL rights

XUVUYVu.png

Source

Last edited:
Amazon, Disney, Viacom18, Zee, Sony and one more unnamed company have bought the documentation for the media rights of the IPL. That unknown company will most probably be MX Player . This is very competitive though . I think Amazon / Viacom anyone out of the two has high chance of winning the rights .

Last edited:
Last edited:
There are some things in this that I do not understand at all.

1) Isn't Star a subsidiary of Disney? So can Disney and Star bid separately?

2) It is known that YouTube is also participating in the auction. Wouldn't everyone have to take a premium subscription to YouTube when broadcasting a premium sporting event like the IPL?
Obviously you have to be a premium subscriber or have to pay subscription fees to watch IPL if they win the bid.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock