Is Airtel Digital the worst box for navigating HD channels?

• Thread starter Ultra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 7,660

Which DTH STB has the best channel navigation system?

• ADTV (15 favs)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Tata Sky (50 favs)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sun Direct (2D nav)

• D2H

• Dish TV

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
The method mentioned in that thread would have worked if the following was possible:

1) press OK
2) press green
3) press down button twice to select 'HD'
4) keep changing channels by pressing + and -

But when you click + or -, it will still go to the next SD channel and not the HD channel even if you had chosen HD after pressing green.

Second problem is that once the on-screen menu disappears, to move again to the next HD channel, you have to repeat all the steps. That's like 5 key presses just to go to the next HD channel, every time.

Compare this to SD (which I used to use):

1) Press OK
2) Use left and right keys to choose your genre.
3) Now you can use + and - on channel button to navigate all the channels in the genre on a loop, even after the onscreen menu disappears.

Last edited:
I guess it's not possible to swap them. Might have to order a new connection, or move this connection for office use (permanently on one channel). Given that SD will be adding more HD channels, it might be worth it to go back to SD for home use.
So need of ur this thread created is solved i think

Is there anything else ??

@Ultra I'm not using the box right now but it's not that complicated use right & left instead of + or - after repeating step 1 & 2.Try out!!

Last edited:
The point of the thread is to figure out some method to 'lock' into any one genre or otherwise make it easy to navigate HD channels. If any expert users of ADTV knows any way, let them give the method.

Yes. I did.

But once the onscreen menu disappears after 5 seconds, you have to repeat all the steps again to move to the next one :cry:

Actually, I think I was spoiled by the simple system of SD.

@Ultra I'm not using the box right now but it's not that complicated use right & left instead of down + or - after repeating step 1 & 2.Try out!!

Last edited:
If Airtel guys are watching -- please understand that there are people who watch only HD channels. Either increase the number of favorites, or give an option to lock into one genre.

Yes. One can.

But once the onscreen menu disappears after 5 seconds, you have to repeat all the steps again to move to the next one :cry:

Actually, I think I was spoiled by the simple system of SD.

You have to use left or right and select the channel after that try it.

No need to repeat steps again.

Last edited:
I tried the following:

1) OK
2) Green
3) Down twice to select HD channels only
4) watch Zee HD.
5) Realize that I want to move to next channel after 10 seconds of watching it (in between, the onscreen menu has disappeared).
6) Press 'right' arrow.
7) It is showing SET SD, not HD.

Last edited:
What you suggested should happen is what actually would have worked well. But it doesn't. Poor UI design by Airtel is all I can say.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock