Is Chennai really on Arasu's Map??

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score
SCV ready to go digital any time and seems to have enough STB. But Arasu still wants 18 weeks to supply STB and still doesnt have DAS licence. Does Arasu really want to serve public??

If Arasu cant go digital then why cant they atleast connect to all people and then contest Court and say that if they stop Analogue then people will be denied of Cable service and buy time and start supplying STB when available??

Also they can raise the cost from Rs 70 to Rs 100 and Pay channels to Rs 150 and use the rest of money to get loans and give STB for free??

RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??

From morning cable tv channels are changing in my area... they added some pay channels and then blank :u

BaLaG said:
From morning cable tv channels are changing in my area... they added some pay channels and then blank :u

Hi, can you please tell which Area or Zone and the MSO that is making these changes? I'm sure something big is going to happen in cable network in Chennai before this new year or Pongal otherwise SCV wont speed up digitization this fast.

arasu cable is waiting for das license . so they force set forward so they till slow . this gap scv speed service to get profit

Arasu cable waiting for licence.

karthik said:

We can see some positive things in getting the licence for ARASU, as said by Tivari yesterday. :huh

These MSO's should allow us to purchase the STB from the market so we can switch to any MSO as we wish, but these people treat the public like slaves and wants to force their service on us.

If Arasu really wanted to serve chennai then they could have used the CAS licence and could have connected to all homes and then fight for more time for DAS, see now all MSO in chennai are Analogue and even if SCV wants they cant make DAS 100%, still a lot of people would be left without STB and many who dont want to go with SCV, then no way a 100%. So why cant Arasu try the same??

It looks like we have to first go for SCV STB, pay Rs 999 and once Arasu comes with a DAS licence then move to Arasu, looks like a fate of chennai cause of some people without a backbone.

I think if DTH lowers their price then people may move to them and show their disapproval to these mindless and selfish MSO's.

karthik said:

Will they ever get it??

And though i like Arasu im really worried about their service, hope the line is not cut even for a small rain or wind.... Hope it comes in the first place....

TRAI asked to reconsider Arasu TV issue expeditiously: Tewari

NEW DELHI, DEC 26:
With Tamil Nadu making a strong pitch for granting a license to state-owned Arasu TV to run its cable network, the Centre today said it has asked TRAI to expeditiously reconsider its recommendation on allowing government entities into broadcasting and distribution.

”... we have referred the matter back to the TRAI for reconsideration as to whether the state government or the central government entities should be allowed in the broadcasting or the distribution business,” I&B Minister Manish Tewari told reporters here.

He was replying to questions on the delay in granting of Digital Addressable Systems license to Arasu cable TV to operate its distribution network.

Tewari said that he had asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), which is also the regulator for the broadcast sector, to “expedite their consideration on the matter“.

“There is a larger question. I am aware of the concerns raised by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. The Members of Parliament have also come and met me. That is why we have requested the TRAI chairperson to expedite their consideration... so that we can take a conclusive decision at the earliest,” he said.

Tewari said it was correct that Arasu was granted a license in 2008.

Subsequently, there was a recommendation by the TRAI which explicitly stated that entities, which include the state government or their instrumentalities, should not be allowed either in distribution or in the broadcasting business.

The government has given 11 DAS licences to multi-system operators in Tamil Nadu until now, but Arasu is not one of them.

Arasu started operations in 2011 when AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa came to power. It was founded in October 2007 by the DMK government headed by M Karunanidhi at the peak of a fight between his family and the Marans, who control Sun TV and Sumangali Cable Vision.

However, plans to project Arasu as a rival of Sumangali were shelved after the Marans made up with Karunanidhi.

i don't think Arasu will get DAS license.
So now SCV have full control in chennai and will force at any time to purchase STB and slowly increase the monthly rental.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock