Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 7,962
RE: Videocon d2h presents India’s 1st 4K Ultra HD Channel

sagar.patnaik said:
Why you people are against UHD, what about those people who bought 4K tvs and want to have some 4K entertainment. This will only make people buy more 4K tvs. Companies are expecting to sell a million 4K tvs this year. 4K is not a marketing gimmick I hve seen the clarity I would love to watch with such crisp picture quality. The faster people buy tvs the faster broadcaster will roll out 4K channels. 4k is here to stay for long. Even longer than HD.
80% of HD users can't afford 4K TVs. 4K UHD TV is more than Rs. 70000. If LG,Samsung,Sony 4K TV price comes down to Rs. 30000-35000. Then I think people might for 4K. Till then 4K is just useless. Believe me or not but it is the fact.. Bad strategy by D2H. :wall

sas123 said:
80% of HD users can't afford 4K TVs. 4K UHD TV is more than Rs. 70000. If LG,Samsung,Sony 4K TV price comes down to Rs. 30000-35000. Then I think people might for 4K. Till then 4K is just useless. Believe me or not but it is the fact.. Bad strategy by D2H. :wall

bro. that was not of good quality.
how v can have an uhd tv in <= 70,000rs. bro
indian govt. takes taxes more than 80% on tvs in india
so bro it cannot b possible. i know some lg tvs also priced at 67000rs
but the quality ll b substandard.

uhd is baseless n i don't want uhd channel n content. please add remaining 25sd channels n 10hd channels.

Its a shame that instead of asking d2h and TS to add remaining channels they are complaining about adding UHD channels. Similarly I can say first add all SD channels then add HD channels why are you adding HD channels when you dont have 50% of SD channels. I ll complain to airtel dude some villages there is no signal and you are talking about 4G. People cant afford bikes so why sell cars. This attitude will get u nowhere and you ll remain backward. Nowhere u ll find the MSO's or DTH players are providing all the channels. Learn to live with it. You cant afford 4K tvs that doesnt mean who can afford shouldnt enjoy.

sagar.patnaik said:
Its a shame that instead of asking d2h and TS to add remaining channels they are complaining about adding UHD channels. Similarly I can say first add all SD channels then add HD channels why are you adding HD channels when you dont have 50% of SD channels. I ll complain to airtel dude some villages there is no signal and you are talking about 4G. People cant afford bikes so why sell cars. This attitude will get u nowhere and you ll remain backward. Nowhere u ll find the MSO's or DTH players are providing all the channels. Learn to live with it. You cant afford 4K tvs that doesnt mean who can afford shouldnt enjoy.
Company should go for majority. And the majority is HD. Learn how to add HD channels from Dish TV.

@ sagar panaik bro
example u gave is simply opposite. to purchase bikes or cars is depend on the preference of the customer.
but in case of digitization w were n v r forced to take this as choices r not there.
u wud have been right if the choices were there, but v don't have choices bro.

v were forced to accept digitization n if the channels r not there then what is the need n meaning of digitization.

u r directly or indirectly telling me that i m backward.
but bro i purchased a 3D tv in 2012 itself. at that time my thinking was same as u have right now.

but nothing has been changed bro. y companies sold 3D tvs. n after so many years do v have any 3D channel. so brother v don't want to b betrayed once again.

if u r giving ur example then example should b in the content of the matter.
i know all the differences but my q is y i was betrayed for the sake of 3D channel n tvs.

d2h also launched first 3D STBs but what happened after that, what is the use of that 3D stb.

the same way they r launching first uhd channel just to betray n cheat us once again.
bro please don't use the words like shame n backward.

Adding HD channels in any DTH should not be the problem for SD set top box and SD TV owners.

Similarly, adding UHD channel(s) in any DTH should not be the problem for HD set top box and HD TV owners.

But, not adding the demanded SD channel should be a problem for SD set top box/TV, HD set top box/TV and UHD set top box/TV owners.

Not adding the demanded HD channel should be a problme for HD set top box/TV and UHD set top box/TV owners.

We should blame the DTH operators only for not adding our demanded channels. We should not blame when they are adding other (HD/UHD) channels since some other customer needs it. We can say that it occupies more space. But it is the problem of that DTH company. Why we, the customers, need to worry about space. It is the duty of the DTH operators to add demanded channels by any means.

So, instead of blaming the addition, let us blame the DTH for not adding demanded channels. Start sending emails to customer care and nodal officers. In addition raise a complaint to TRAI as I did. It may not change anything. At least we raise our voice.

:D:D:D is it our duty to send mails to dth companies or trai people?
y trai people r being paid 4?
it is duty of trai people only that they shud check how many channels r there in INDIA n how many dth have providing n how many channels.

they can force dth player to carry all the important 22 dd channels on its platform.
can't they force dth players to carry all the important channels.

y they have given the licenses to all the 6 dth players. just to raise 10crores each.

they forced digitization to b mandatory- but 4 wat. i m using 3 different companies stbs but still not happy.

Prateek Marwadi said:
:D:D:D is it our duty to send mails to dth companies or trai people?
y trai people r being paid 4?
it is duty of trai people only that they shud check how many channels r there in INDIA n how many dth have providing n how many channels.

they can force dth player to carry all the important 22 dd channels on its platform.
can't they force dth players to carry all the important channels.

y they have given the licenses to all the 6 dth players. just to raise 10crores each.

they forced digitization to b mandatory- but 4 wat. i m using 3 different companies stbs but still not happy.

Bro, I never said it is the duty of customers to send emails to TRAI. It is just an additional step.

Whatever the questions you are asking about TRAI, now you ask these questions directly to them since you know the email IDs.

Sadiq said:
Bro, I never said it is the duty of customers to send emails to TRAI. It is just an additional step.

Whatever the questions you are asking about TRAI, now you ask these questions directly to them since you know the email IDs.

bro, u r right in this. i m not saying that .... but wat i m saying that after doing this, u won't get anything.
u sent a mail, trai people just forwarded it to d2h n u were put on bcc so that u shud know that these people have taken steps. no bro these people won't do anything.

u live in chennai, tamil nadu. u only told me politics r being played there thats y people r still deprived of digitization. bro same way politics is also there.

y the license was given to 6 companies?:(
b4 giving the license can't trai people checked that whether dth company has proper space available to them or not?

bro i joined this forum recently only, but i have been trying all this from last couple of years or so.

sas123 said:
Company should go for majority. And the majority is HD. Learn how to add HD channels from Dish TV.

Majority is SD by the way only 5 million out of 40 million active DTH users are HD users. Plus we have 52 HD channels why Dish Tv has only 40 HD channels ?? They dont have space problem they should add all instantly. Its a business decision and I support all technology to come to India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock