Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 8,030
RE: Videocon d2h presents India’s 1st 4K Ultra HD Channel

@Prateek: You are saying you are stick with your poing.

But I am not able to understand what is your point.

You are talking about multiple things based on the reply you are receiving from others.

Talking about launching important channel first before launching next generation technologies.
And then talking about paying more.

What is your main problem?

Sadiq said:
@Prateek: Tell me which DTH is having all important SD channels?

so bro. shud i not say anything?
each n every dth shud have all the important channels.
then only the concept of digitization wud b fulfilled otherwise what is the need of digitization.
please also note that digitization was forced rather than a choice.

all important channels - DEN is having all the channels. i compared it with others bro. all the channels r there. not even a single channel is missing.
but please don't tell me leave d2h n adtv n join den once again.

Sadiq said:
@Prateek: You are saying you are stick with your poing.

But I am not able to understand what is your point.

You are talking about multiple things based on the reply you are receiving from others.

Talking about launching important channel first before launching next generation technologies.
And then talking about paying more.

What is your main problem?

paying more was a different thing and replied to that particular post. the statement was in hindi n not a good one.

i don't want to hurt anyone that is y my replies r different based on the reply i get.
my main problem - i need only 100 channels but that 100 channels should b important.
TRPs- provide those channels only which have better trps than other low trp channel.

i don't want shopping channels, devotional channels n paid news channels.
i want those channels only which have good trps irrespective of its genre.
i m rational n economical customer.

Prateek Marwadi said:
so bro. shud i not say anything?
each n every dth shud have all the important channels.
then only the concept of digitization wud b fulfilled otherwise what is the need of digitization.
please also note that digitization was forced rather than a choice.

all important channels - DEN is having all the channels. i compared it with others bro. all the channels r there. not even a single channel is missing.
but please don't tell me leave d2h n adtv n join den once again.

Bro, I think you are understanding my question. I want to know if any of the DTH is having all the important SD channels. Not talking about MSO here.

Sadiq said:
Bro, I think you are understanding my question. I want to know if any of the DTH is having all the important SD channels. Not talking about MSO here.

bro to understand u n ur point is very simple.
yes bro, dish tv have more n more sd channels n fulfill all my requirements. but i won't go 4 dish tv as i have used it in the past. pq is very very bad.

Prateek Marwadi said:
bro to understand u n ur point is very simple.
yes bro, dish tv have more n more sd channels n fulfill all my requirements. but i won't go 4 dish tv as i have used it in the past. pq is very very bad.

But in Dish TV, my important SD channels are missing. Sun Life, J Movie, Sathiyam TV and Polimer News. This is only from Tamil Language.

For a Malayali viewer, it could be Safari TV, Surya Music, Kappa TV etc.

So, the importance is depending on each person to person.

From your point of view, Dish TV is having all important channels so they are eligible to go to the next level. But for a Tamilian or Malayali who is having same expectation like you will object Dish TV to add more HD channels without adding important SD channels.

What I am trying to say is that we cannot conclude that a DTH is going to next level since they don't have some important channels.

Some portion of the customer base want to have HD channels since they already have their own important channels.

Similarly some portion of the customer base want to see UHD since they feel that important HD channels as per their expectation are already in place.

Consider Tata Sky. Comparing D2H, they are missing many more SD and HD channels. But still they are going with UHD. No DTH is forcing the customer to pay for HD or UHD channels. If you want, you can subscribe to those channels by paying additional amount.

If you want to have more important SD channels, try to force the DTH operator to add the same. Don't ask them to stop adding HD or UHD channel which is not at all a correct behavior.

Today I got an SMS from D2H asking me to upgrade to UHD. I replied in an email to them saying first add Star Sports HD 4 and pending HD channels and then I will upgrade to UHD. It is my point of view since I feel that Star Sports HD 4 is important for me. But it may not be an important for other customers and they may want to see UHD.

You said a story of attending 12th standard without passing 10th standard.

Now listen to my stories.

A person is having two bicycles. He wants to buy a Car without even buying a motor bike - Is it wrong?
A person don't have licence to drive a motor cycle. He is applying for a Car driving licence and got the licence - Is it wrong?
A person didn't even own a Desktop. He purchased one laptop with advanced futures directly - Is it wrong?
A person didn't even had a land line phone at his home and didn't even had Nokia 1100. Now he is having Apple iphone 6. Is it wrong?
A graduate didn't work in any small concern and directly employed in an MNC and getting paid Rs.20000 as a starting salary - Is it wrong?

So Sadiq Bro will purchase UHD stb soon

Vicky said:
So Sadiq Bro will purchase UHD stb soon

No! I don't find anything suits me in UHD (may be others like it).. It depends on the future!

Sadiq said:
No! I don't find anything suits me in UHD (may be others like it).. It depends on the future!

:p:p:p just like future of 3D channels:D:D:D

UHD was first started in america 10 years ago approximately but after 10 years also don't have so much of content.:(:(:(

Prateek Marwadi said:
:p:p:p just like future of 3D channels:D:D:D

UHD was first started in america 10 years ago approximately but after 10 years also don't have so much of content.:(:(:(

In America, there are still SD channels! Which means HD failed? Let us wait for the future. Do you what will happen to you tomorrow? Also, are you doing things by considering your status after 10 years?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock